i7 4790K
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just did a new build and been working on getting it up and running for a few days with no luck. Really need some help; specs below:

GA-Z97x-UD7 TH
i7-4790K
Crucial 32GB (4x8) DDR3
Gigabyte GTX 960
Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD (boot)
Toshiba 2TB HDD (data)
BCM94360CD Wifi/Bluetooth PCI Card

BIOS settings are; 'Load Optimized Defaults', disable Vt-d, memory setting to Profile 1.

I don't have a problem getting to the installer, can use onboard video without flags or the GTX card with nv_disable=1; both work fine and get through install. On the initial reboot to complete installation, if I use F12 and boot to the USB to loan El Capitan, I get a prohibited sign (looks like no smoking sign). Instead, I allow Clover to loan on it's own (straight after the Gigabyte splash screen) and boot to the SSD which takes me to the Installer to complete the installation.

Here is where the trouble starts - The problem seems to be related to the BCM94360CD card. I can get the system fully functional using ethernet and boot up to run multibeast and the nvidia driver. If I use the BCM card, I cannot access the App Store, my iCloud account doesn't work, iMessage doesn't work (works on its own without the card installed).

This is the same card from my last build which worked fine from ML to Yosemite.

Also, when I have the GTX card installed, the nvda_drv=1 boot flag automatically shows on the very first boot, even on a fresh install before I have installed the driver. I checked my config.plist in Clover Configurator and the box is NOT checked, any idea why this is happening?

Any recommendation on if the BCM card is compatible and/or who to get system stable and iCloud access using it would be greatly appreciated.

Really need some help with install

If you have previously used the machine or drive (I'm not clear on which) with the Nvidia Web drivers, it may have saved the nvda_drv=1 setting to nvram. You can check that by using "nvram -p" and looking for likely candidates. In any case, if you specify nv_disable=1 hopefully it will take precedence.

For the App Store + etc problem, you need whatever network device is "en0" to be working. There's some way (that I don't recall) to delete a plist to make it reassign your network device names if it picked the wrong one for en0. You can probably Google for "App Store en0 reset" or something like that.

If you need help getting the BCM94360CD working, see http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back