Contribute
Register

[solved] Razer Blade 15: Reboot & Shutdown Kernel Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your UsbConnector values are wrong.
As per guide, there should be a 1:1 correspond between SSxx UsbConnector=3 and HSxx UsbConnector=3. I suspect the HS01/HS02/HS03 are actually related to the SS01/SS02/SS03, but for some reason you have incorrectly used UsbConnector=0 for the HSxx. Also you have HS11 as UsbConnector=9, but no corresponding SSxx UsbConnector=9.

As you have it defined now, your laptop would have:
- three USB2-only ports
- three USB3 ports, but missing USB2 pins (now that would be strange)
- one USB-C that has only USB2 pins (again, very strange)

It is clear you did at some point, as all entries have been sorted, instead of the original order I had.

Update on this situation:
I have corrected the USB Connector Values, I had read the guide wrong when it came to that. So problem solved.

I have also solved the Kernel Panic issue with Reboot and Shutdown. I tried all of the solutions you listed to no avail.

BUT!
It ended up being that Clover needed the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi file in the drivers64UEFI folder. In a different post you had recommended that I remove that guy along with the CsmVideoDXE-64.efi file for a different issue with booting up to a black screen for 3 minutes, removing those files didn't help that issue, but I still left them out of the Clover folder. After getting back into my High Sierra installation I realized that reboot and shutdown no longer worked there either, so I started looking back at what I changed in Clover which was the update, so I rolled back to a previous version and that didn't fix it. So I went back to the latest version of Clover and then I added in the EmuVariableUEFI-64 file and poof, restart and shutdown work perfectly on both High Sierra and Mojave now. Adding that file back in has also fixed the issue with the spinning pinwheel taking forever when going to type my password in when an installer requests it, so two birds one stone with that one.

Now off to get sleep working!

vettz500, could you be kind and post your config.plist and efi folder that you are using on your razer blade 15?

I have corrected the USB Connector Values, I had read the guide wrong when it came to that. So problem solved.

I have also solved the Kernel Panic issue with Reboot and Shutdown. I tried all of the solutions you listed to no avail.

BUT!
It ended up being that Clover needed the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi file in the drivers64UEFI folder. In a different post you had recommended that I remove that guy along with the CsmVideoDXE-64.efi file for a different issue with booting up to a black screen for 3 minutes, removing those files didn't help that issue, but I still left them out of the Clover folder. After getting back into my High Sierra installation I realized that reboot and shutdown no longer worked there either, so I started looking back at what I changed in Clover which was the update, so I rolled back to a previous version and that didn't fix it. So I went back to the latest version of Clover and then I added in the EmuVariableUEFI-64 file and poof, restart and shutdown work perfectly on both High Sierra and Mojave now. Adding that file back in has also fixed the issue with the spinning pinwheel taking forever when going to type my password in when an installer requests it, so two birds one stone with that one.

Hey,Can you tell me what is add the poof?I have a same issues.

BUT!

I added the EmuVariableUEFI-64 file,It's work fine.Thanks your help.

AptioMemoryFix-64.efi can usually be used instead of OsxAptioFix*.efi + EmuVariableUefi-64.efi for working native NVRAM.

AptioMemoryFix-64.efi can usually be used instead of OsxAptioFix*.efi + EmuVariableUefi-64.efi for working native NVRAM.

I am trying to remove OsxAptioFix*.efi and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to use AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.
It's panic again...

Attachments

• debug_3892.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 68
This is my "Problem Reporting".

apfs.efi should not be present with ApfsDriverLoader*.efi.
CsmVideoDxe not recommended. Remove.
No verbose boot photo attached (you previously reported KP).

Your EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is not per guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Use latest RehabMan Clover (sourceforge Clover does not have correct AutoMerge implementation).

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

apfs.efi should not be present with ApfsDriverLoader*.efi.
CsmVideoDxe not recommended. Remove.
No verbose boot photo attached (you previously reported KP).

Your EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is not per guide:

Use latest RehabMan Clover (sourceforge Clover does not have correct AutoMerge implementation).

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:

Work fine now,I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back