Contribute
Register

[solved] Random issues with bluetooth & sounds after sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering, is there any way to restart the bluetooth daemon when problem happens? I'd like to avoid rebooting actually, what do you think? It goes the same with the sounds, even if I don't have any problems.

I was wondering, is there any way to restart the bluetooth daemon when problem happens? I'd like to avoid rebooting actually, what do you think? It goes the same with the sounds, even if I don't have any problems.

My recommendation is in post #20.

My recommendation is in post #20.
Yeah, but I sadly don't have the knowledge to fix that! By building the project on my computer, I was wondering, how come the last version of BrcmPatch is 2.2.8 on master but 2.2.7 in the last release version? Is there some dev ongoing? Because the #28 PR seems related to my issue. I'll try to figure out something

Yeah, but I sadly don't have the knowledge to fix that! By building the project on my computer, I was wondering, how come the last version of BrcmPatch is 2.2.8 on master but 2.2.7 in the last release version? Is there some dev ongoing? Because the #28 PR seems related to my issue. I'll try to figure out something

Only change in 2.2.8 is to non-PatchRAM kexts.

Note:
Code:
commit eb5a370ff910715859eda182ade883229db0dcbe
Author: RehabMan <[email protected]>
Date:   Fri Aug 4 09:50:31 2017 -0700

add Foxconn AW-NB290 0489:e030 to BrcmNonPatchRAM kexts; bump version 2.2.8

Note: I made some comments on PR #28.

Last edited:
Only change in 2.2.8 is to non-PatchRAM kexts.

Note:
Code:
commit eb5a370ff910715859eda182ade883229db0dcbe
Author: RehabMan <[email protected]>
Date:   Fri Aug 4 09:50:31 2017 -0700

add Foxconn AW-NB290 0489:e030 to BrcmNonPatchRAM kexts; bump version 2.2.8

Note: I made some comments on PR #28.

Indeed, my bad… Sadly the PR doesn't solve the exact same issue I sometime have. Do you have any idea why this problem is only occurring to some of us?

Indeed, my bad… Sadly the PR doesn't solve the exact same issue I sometime have. Do you have any idea why this problem is only occurring to some of us?

It must be some sort of race condition. Therefore intermittent depending on the timing of events.

Just an update about the bluetooth problem! I'm right now testing custom values for the race condition problem using the last version of RehabMan brcm kext (Thanks for this update by the way). I'm using two flags right now with custom values from tluck's fork, so far, no issues! I'll report back if any problem shows up.
Those are the flags I am using
Code:
bpr_initialdelay=400 bpr_postresetdelay=400

Just an update about the bluetooth problem! I'm right now testing custom values for the race condition problem using the last version of RehabMan brcm kext (Thanks for this update by the way). I'm using two flags right now with custom values from tluck's fork, so far, no issues! I'll report back if any problem shows up.
Those are the flags I am using
Code:
bpr_initialdelay=400 bpr_postresetdelay=400

You might want to see if you can reduce those values, to see how close you can get to the defaults.

You might want to see if you can reduce those values, to see how close you can get to the defaults.
Actually I still can't pass a night of sleep without loosing my bluetooth. Testing currently going on to find good values! I'll report back when having them.

I finally found working values, it seems that I do not have issues anymore (even if it's only been 2 days).
Here are the flags:
Code:
bpr_probedelay=100 bpr_initialdelay=300 bpr_postresetdelay=300
I am currently trying to reduce these values and will edit my answer when finding the minimal ones, but I first one see how long it can go working perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back