Contribute
Register

[solved] Random issues with bluetooth & sounds after sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
By "added the patch", I assume you mean SSDT-AppleALC.aml in ACPI/patched.

FYI: It is not a patch, but rather just an add-on SSDT that changes some configuration for CodeCommander.kext.
Yes that's what I meant.

Well I have an issue with bluetooth after a longer sleep :( Debug Files attached.

Attachments

• debug_10687.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 125
Yes that's what I meant.

Well I have an issue with bluetooth after a longer sleep :( Debug Files attached.

Kexts should be installed to /L/E. Your kextcache output shows /S/L/E.

You can see BrcmPatchRAM is failing during the process of pushing firmware:
Code:
2018-01-23 19:19:51.118482+0100 0x120      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (BrcmPatchRAM2) BrcmPatchRAM2: [0a5c:216f]: Not responding - Delaying next read.
2018-01-23 19:19:51.118598+0100 0xbf31     Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (BrcmPatchRAM2) BrcmPatchRAM2: [0a5c:216f]: device request failed ("0xe00002d8 (UNDEFINED)" 0xe00002d8).
2018-01-23 19:19:51.118778+0100 0xbf31     Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (BrcmPatchRAM2) BrcmPatchRAM2: [0a5c:216f]: continuousRead - Failed to queue read (0xe00002d8)

You might try older BrcmPatchRAM just to see if it was a change in the code made at some point to fix some other issue.

Kexts should be installed to /L/E. Your kextcache output shows /S/L/E.
Oh I miss that. It should be fine now.

You might try older BrcmPatchRAM just to see if it was a change in the code made at some point to fix some other issue.
I took an older version (2016-0621) and no problem so far. I will report back if I have some. Thanks!

Attachments

• debug_14265.zip
    2 MB · Views: 137

Attachments

• debug_13329.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Weird, but it seems I don't have the issue anymore. I was about to write that everything was working great but I have no sound now (after a few sleep).. But the mic seems to work, so I guess it's better.

EDIT: After another sleep, the sound is back...

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (no EFI/Clover)
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
Strange.. this is the tool I used. Anyway I've added the EFI files. I'll report back with a fresh output when the bug will reoccur.

Attachments

• debug_13329 2.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 135
Strange.. this is the tool I used. Anyway I've added the EFI files. I'll report back with a fresh output when the bug will reoccur.

You might want to start eliminating some of the strange AppleHDA patches you have (that seem to have no explanation either).

You might want to start eliminating some of the strange AppleHDA patches you have (that seem to have no explanation either).
I'll try to do that.
I could get again the bluetooth error, sadly. Reporting files attached.
Same error in the logs.

Attachments

• debug_29777.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 136
I could get again the bluetooth error, sadly. Reporting files attached.
Same error in the logs.

No additional ideas on that one. Could be a race condition that might be fixed by experimenting with the BrcmPatchRAM code. Don't know if you're up to that or not (requires C++/kext dev skills).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back