Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've tried installing using the method iBoot+MultiBeast method. I've followed all the steps but it always seems to hang while trying to loader the installer. I have tried using both a Vanilla SL Retail disc and a Flash Drive that it's been restored to but I never make it.

Running the install in -v mode, I notice the install always hangs after listing my NIC MAC address. If I disable the network device it hangs immediatley after it tries to load "ACPI-SMC-Platform Plugin:Start-Waitforservice(resource Matching(AppleIntelcpu Power Mangement) Time out" (This is the furthest I have gotten) I have no idea where to go from here and I'm getting frustrated.

Hardware during installation attempt:
Asus Rampage III Formula
i7 950
EVGA GTX460 SC
4GB RAM

Solution:
It wasn't hanging on the Power Management, it was hanging on the next step, my Graphics Card. Was able to finishing booting by starting with the variable "-v GraphicsEnabler=no PciRoot=0"

Thank you. I had the same problem, this helped to solve it temporarily till I manage to find a proper graphics kext for my Dell Studio 1535 (Intel GM965 (X3100)).

Thank you. I had the same problem, this helped to solve it temporarily till I manage to find a proper graphics kext for my Dell Studio 1535 (Intel GM965 (X3100)).

heavy...

Its reported that the x3100 works under SL - but its the earlier version 10.6.2 etc

Do a google search w these terms - you will find some links to follow - Intel GM965 kext + snow Leopard

Most likely need to make a DSDT file for this and use some kexts to install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back