Dell Inspiron 5379 2-in-1
CPU
Intel i5 8250u
Graphics
Intel UHD 620 (1920x1080)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys, I've been having a problem lately with my hack where after a couple sleeps the battery indicator just stops working but will get stuck on the last real reading. And normally after a few hours of using or a few successful sleeps, closing the lid just doesn't put the laptop to sleep and it will just stay running on the log in screen.

I have rerun the hotpatches several times and as soon as I restart the laptop, the same thing will start again.

Any help would be appreciated. I've attached the problem reporting files as per the rehabman guide.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 65
Hi guys, I've been having a problem lately with my hack where after a couple sleeps the battery indicator just stops working but will get stuck on the last real reading. And normally after a few hours of using or a few successful sleeps, closing the lid just doesn't put the laptop to sleep and it will just stay running on the log in screen.

I have rerun the hotpatches several times and as soon as I restart the laptop, the same thing will start again.

Any help would be appreciated. I've attached the problem reporting files as per the rehabman guide.

config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust should be true. You have it set false.
Make sure BIOS is latest.
Do EC reset.

I already have the latest bios version, and have now done an EC reset. Also changed the Trust to true, I'll leave it running and put it through a few sleep/wake cycles and see how it goes.

config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust should be true. You have it set false.
Make sure BIOS is latest.
Do EC reset.

Okay so I've done everything, and it all appeared to be working. However, this morning when I woke it from sleep the battery indicator was stuck again and closing the lid doesn't put the laptop to sleep again.
Is there any other ideas as to why this is happening, or what I could do to fix it?

Okay so I've done everything, and it all appeared to be working. However, this morning when I woke it from sleep the battery indicator was stuck again and closing the lid doesn't put the laptop to sleep again.
Is there any other ideas as to why this is happening, or what I could do to fix it?

Try fresh install for comparison.

Try fresh install for comparison.
Hi Rehabman

Sorry for the late reply. I've done a clean install and managed to get everything working again and it seems like the battery indicator is working again and sleep seems to be working properly too. But I can't seem to access the App Store now. I get the error:

"An unexpected error occurred while signing in.
Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."

Any guidance to fix this? I will add updated problem reporting files as soon as I can

As stated above, I've attached my problem reporting file.

I'd also like to add, since I got the wifi and everything working, I logged into iCloud in the settings app, but since I've tried to log into the App Store to download Xcode I haven't been able to log into iMessage or FaceTime with them both telling me theres a problem with my account and I need to open iCloud preferences to fix it. And when I enter my password in iCloud preferences as requested, it gives me an error "An unknown error occurred".

Any ideas with that as well?

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 60
As stated above, I've attached my problem reporting file.

I'd also like to add, since I got the wifi and everything working, I logged into iCloud in the settings app, but since I've tried to log into the App Store to download Xcode I haven't been able to log into iMessage or FaceTime with them both telling me theres a problem with my account and I need to open iCloud preferences to fix it. And when I enter my password in iCloud preferences as requested, it gives me an error "An unknown error occurred".

Any ideas with that as well?

App Store access requires built-in Ethernet or WiFi at en0.
Your built-in Ethernet is at en2.
See FAQ for how to reset network interfaces.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Seems to have fixed it all. Fresh install and the simple fix of resetting network connections.

Marked thread as solved. Thanks RehabMan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back