Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Problem updating from iMac14,2 to iMac 17,1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170mx-5 Gaming
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I want o update my system definition from iMac14,2 to iMac 17,1.

My Hackintosh works pretty well, except the new updates doesn't appear in the App Store, and the computer never sleep and when I select to shut down the computer it always reset (I have to switch off with the physical button). Finally I have an intel 6700k. Those are the reasons I want to update the system definition.

I have tried updating using multibeast and choosing iMac 17,1, but I got a black screen and then a reset when the system os is loading. I used ketbeast with the lilu ketxt and the Nvidiagraphicfixup.ketx before the update. Must I do something else?

I want o update my system definition from iMac14,2 to iMac 17,1.

My Hackintosh works pretty well, except the new updates doesn't appear in the App Store, and the computer never sleep and when I select to shut down the computer it always reset (I have to switch off with the physical button). Finally I have an intel 6700k. Those are the reasons I want to update the system definition.

I have tried updating using multibeast and choosing iMac 17,1, but I got a black screen and then a reset when the system os is loading. I used ketbeast with the lilu ketxt and the Nvidiagraphicfixup.ketx before the update. Must I do something else?
  • Using Clover Configurator Vibrant(CCV) DOWNLOAD, mount the EFI Partition of your System disk on the Desktop( See image)
  • Click EFI from desktop and reach EFI>CLOVER >config.plist
  • Right Click config.plist and open with...CCV
  • Go to SMBIOS and choose imac17.1 (see image)
  • Save edited config.plist [See 2nd arrow bottom left panel of CCV window]

Attachments

• 1.mount EFI in CCV.png
    1.mount EFI in CCV.png
    429.2 KB · Views: 502
  • 2.SMBIOS .png
    2.SMBIOS .png
    288.8 KB · Views: 703
  • 2.SMBIOS .png
    2.SMBIOS .png
    307.1 KB · Views: 493
I think my problem with the reset was I was using an old lilu.ket. I used carbon copy cloner to go back and used cmn699 fix and I have the Hackinsoth updated to 17,1. Thanks!

I think my problem with the reset was I was using an old lilu.ket. I used carbon copy cloner to go back and used cmn699 fix and I have the Hackinsoth updated to 17,1. Thanks!
:clap: Congratulations.
Thank you for your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back