Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z390-F
CPU
Graphics
HD 630 / MacOS useless RTX3080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After a few days of attempts I finally got Monterey to work on a spare SATA drive, but not an identical install on my SSD. Pretty stumped about that I went back and made sure my configs were identical in Opencore but I get a reboot in part two of the install regardless with SSD.

EDIT: discovered secure boot had been turned back on since I installed Big Sur. Redid the Monterey install and everything went fine. Wish I'd have seen that the other day instead of chasing Kexts and Config edits.

Last edited:
After a few days of attempts I finally got Monterey to work on a spare SATA drive, but not an identical install on my SSD. Pretty stumped about that I went back and made sure my configs were identical in Opencore but I get a reboot in part two of the install regardless with SSD.

EDIT: discovered secure boot had been turned back on since I installed Big Sur. Redid the Monterey install and everything went fine. Wish I'd have seen that the other day instead of chasing Kexts and Config edits.
Yes most of us fell at that hurdle in the Monterey installation and ended up chasing other possibilities to the cause of failure due to that small but important change to SecureBootMode. I did pose the question in another Forum how important is the inclusion of that section in OC development if it can cause such a failure but as both OC and specially Monterey are still in the development stage we can only wait and see.

Yes most of us fell at that hurdle in the Monterey installation and ended up chasing other possibilities to the cause of failure due to that small but important change to SecureBootMode. I did pose the question in another Forum how important is the inclusion of that section in OC development if it can cause such a failure but as both OC and specially Monterey are still in the development stage we can only wait and see.

Sorry to be clear not SecureBootMode, that remained off. I meant secure boot in Bios.

Sorry to be clear not SecureBootMode, that remained off. I meant secure boot in Bios.
OK - On my Z390 that setting is Disabled in the BIOS by Default so I leave it as is with no ill effect. While we are on the subject, the latest release of OC (version 0.7.1) SecureBootMode can now be set as Default instead of Disabled without causing Boot Loop.

OK - On my Z390 that setting is Disabled in the BIOS by Default so I leave it as is with no ill effect. While we are on the subject, the latest release of OC (version 0.7.1) SecureBootMode can now be set as Default instead of Disabled without causing Boot Loop.

Yeah not even sure how it ended back on. May have been when I had a bad sata drive interfering with my Win10 SSD installs boot up. I may have changed the setting trying to troubleshoot prior to working out it was the dud drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back