Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z270X_Designare
CPU
Intel i7-7700K
Graphics
Raedon 580RX Nitro+
I was wondering if there was a solution that would work for my install? Currently been on this screen for the past hour. When I go to shut off/power down the tower via the on/off button, nothing happens. I'm afraid to touch or do anything in the event that it works, but it's not looking good. I also don't have my listed graphics card installed at the moment, only working with the motherboard and the CPU. I'm new to the Hackintosh wave and this is my first go around. Your help would be appreciated.
View media item 189973

I was wondering if there was a solution that would work for my install? Currently been on this screen for the past hour. When I go to shut off/power down the tower via the on/off button, nothing happens. I'm afraid to touch or do anything in the event that it works, but it's not looking good. I also don't have my listed graphics card installed at the moment, only working with the motherboard and the CPU. I'm new to the Hackintosh wave and this is my first go around. Your help would be appreciated.
View media item 189973
Also, just ran into an issue with copying apfs.efi. Ran a sudo command found on a forum on here. Failed again. Looking for other solutions. So far, Hackintosh = 2, Me = 0

Also, just ran into an issue with copying apfs.efi. Ran a sudo command found on a forum on here. Failed again. Looking for other solutions. So far, Hackintosh = 2, Me = 0

• Installing without an add- on PCIE Graphics card is the best way for macOS High Sierra . Once you succeed to install macOS High Sierra on the designated Hard disk using the Intel HD 630 Graphics you can then install the Clover installer and required kexts and System definition either using Multibeast or Stand-alone Clover EFI Bootloader and manual installation of kexts and reboot several times with the installed Bootloader and required kexts without the need for the macOSHigh Sierra USB installer disk. At this stage you can install your your ATI Radeon 580RX Nitro and configure the system to use that as your Primary Video card.
  • To diagnose your current installation problem of boot screen showing Apple logo and progress bar freezing for hours, I suggest the following:
    • Force shut down from this screen.
    • If the computer has any other SATA disks other than the target for Hackintosh, disconnect.
    • Similarly , don't connect any other Storage devices to USB ports other than your High Sierra UEFI USB installer during installation.
    • Now we need to get the CLOVER from the installer USB using the following steps:
      • Insert your USB Installer to the Mac/Hack it was created.
      • In that computer, click "Finder" on the Dock and then "Finder" at the Top menubar > Preferences > [√] Hard Disks [√] External Disks to display all attached disk icons including the currently inserted USB Installer disk icon (white) on the Right Side of Desktop. [See image of Finder>Preferences]
      • Next you Download Clover Configurator Vibrant (CCV)DOWNLOAD
      • Launch CCV and click on "Mount EFI" from its Left Panel TOOLS section [See image]
      • Click on "Mount Partition " of your USB installer as shown in the image
      • Locate White EFI icon of USB Installer on Desktop
      • Click EFI>EFI>CLOVER and Right click CLOVER>compress CLOVER and upload that zipped file to the Forum
    • Please list the BIOS options you have chosen for the installation in Boot Option Priorities and the menus below that and Peripherals .
    • With the CLOVER and the BIOS options you have used, we will start finding the cause of the present problem.
    • If any additional information is needed , we can ask for that after checking these two.

Attachments

• 1.Finder_Preferences.png
    1.Finder_Preferences.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 200
  • 2.Mount EFI of USB Installer in CCV.png
    2.Mount EFI of USB Installer in CCV.png
    560.8 KB · Views: 219
  • Installing without an add- on PCIE Graphics card is the best way for macOS High Sierra . Once you succeed to install macOS High Sierra on the designated Hard disk using the Intel HD 630 Graphics you can then install the Clover installer and required kexts and System definition either using Multibeast or Stand-alone Clover EFI Bootloader and manual installation of kexts and reboot several times with the installed Bootloader and required kexts without the need for the macOSHigh Sierra USB installer disk. At this stage you can install your your ATI Radeon 580RX Nitro and configure the system to use that as your Primary Video card.
  • To diagnose your current installation problem of boot screen showing Apple logo and progress bar freezing for hours, I suggest the following:
    • If the computer has any other SATA disks other than the target for Hackintosh, disconnect.
    • Similarly , don't connect any other Storage devices to USB ports other than your High Sierra UEFI USB installer during installation.
    • Now we need to get the CLOVER from the installer USB using the following steps:
      • In that computer, click "Finder" on the Dock and then "Finder" at the Top menubar > Preferences > [√] Hard Disks [√] External Disks to display all attached disk icons including the currently inserted USB Installer disk icon (white) on the Right Side of Desktop. [See image of Finder>Preferences]
      • Launch CCV and click on "Mount EFI" from its Left Panel TOOLS section [See image]
      • Click EFI>EFI>CLOVER and Right click CLOVER>compress CLOVER and upload that zipped file to the Forum
    • Please list the BIOS options you have chosen for the installation in Boot Option Priorities and the menus below that and Peripherals.
    • With the CLOVER and the BIOS options you have used, we will start finding the cause of the present problem.
    • If any additional information is needed, we can ask for that after checking these two.
cmn699,

Thank you for this detailed outline. I appreciate the help. I got the install to go through, ran multibeast and the plugins I thought were necessary and then tried to boot up the machine without the USB drive. What I get is now a continuous loop of the Apple, logo, then booting up the Clover drive menu (with the SSD for High Sierra selected), then Apple logo again, etc.

I have no clue what to do. I am attaching a few stills to show the loop process, along with my BIOS and Peripherals and Verbose. The first two system pictures are from the BIOS menu, and the third is the Peripherals menu. IMG_3149.JPG IMG_3150.JPG IMG_3152.JPG IMG_3153.JPG IMG_3154.JPG IMG_3155.JPG IMG_3156.JPG

cmn699,

Thank you for this detailed outline. I appreciate the help. I got the install to go through, ran multibeast and the plugins I thought were necessary and then tried to boot up the machine without the USB drive. What I get is now a continuous loop of the Apple, logo, then booting up the Clover drive menu (with the SSD for High Sierra selected), then Apple logo again, etc.

I have no clue what to do. I am attaching a few stills to show the loop process, along with my BIOS and Peripherals and Verbose. The first two system pictures are from the BIOS menu, and the third is the Peripherals menu. View attachment 309745 View attachment 309746 View attachment 309747 View attachment 309748 View attachment 309749 View attachment 309750 View attachment 309751
  • Based on the Verbose boot , I could NOT find anything that points to a culprit for this boot freeze.
  • Based on the stage of booting, the only issue at this stage is often from Graphics.
  • I wonder if your Multibeast setup for Graphics have done any harm to the booting.
  • The other step is to check your "BIOS>Chipset" [ Your BIOS Peripherals are correct for IGDFX and your BIOS >Boot Option Priorities are OK for your UEFI SSD.]
  • But without the Chipset screen showing , VT-d Disabled, Internal Graphics Enabled, DVMT-Pre-Allocated 128M and DVMT Total Gfx Mem 256M or Max , I am not so sure that it is NOT a Graphics related BIOS issue causing this freeze.
  • Please reboot and take a photo of "Chipset" in BIOS and upload before we think of what else can be done.

• Please list the BIOS options you have chosen for the installation in Boot Option Priorities and the menus below that and Peripherals .
    • If any additional information is needed , we can ask for that after checking these two.

Attaching BIOS Chipset image. I am also attaching my CLOVER zipped file as well.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3157.JPG
    IMG_3157.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 124
Last edited:
  • Based on the Verbose boot , I could NOT find anything that points to a culprit for this boot freeze.
  • Based on the stage of booting, the only issue at this stage is often from Graphics.
  • I wonder if your Multibeast setup for Graphics have done any harm to the booting.
  • The other step is to check your "BIOS>Chipset" [ Your BIOS Peripherals are correct for IGDFX and your BIOS >Boot Option Priorities are OK for your UEFI SSD.]
  • But without the Chipset screen showing , VT-d Disabled, Internal Graphics Enabled, DVMT-Pre-Allocated 128M and DVMT Total Gfx Mem 256M or Max , I am not so sure that it is NOT a Graphics related BIOS issue causing this freeze.
  • Please reboot and take a photo of "Chipset" in BIOS and upload before we think of what else can be done.
I initiated a re-install from USB, adding a few more ktexts that were supposed to help with installation, but found myself stuck in the same boot loop from SSD cycle once finished.

Attaching BIOS Chipset image. I am also attaching my CLOVER zipped file as well.
The CLOVER did it!

I need time to edit CLOVER and upload images.
Please make sure Your BIOS >Chipset are set OK .

Edited:
Added edited images of /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other from System Disk
Added edited image of BIOS>Chips.
Added edited images of config.plist viewed in Clover Configurator Vibrant and following sections reviewed and annotated:
Boot, Devices, Graphics
Rest of the sections Look OK
Please edit your CLOVER as shown and Save config.plist after editing

• Please note you have to add 3 kexts in CLOVER/Other and Remove the Numbered folders enclosed in Red rectangle in the image.
  • Please note you need the 3 kexts "Lilu.kext" and" IntelGraphicsFixup.kext" and shiki.kext . Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup can be downloaded from RehabMan bucket . Shiki Release from 67.7 KB 2.2.0.RELEASE.zip
  • Please INSTALL these 3 kexts in /S/L/E using Kext Wizard downloaded from Tonymac link. KW will do the install to /S/L/E . Please note check boxes in that KW interface and √ as needed (obvious) . After Install Kext option is completed , choose Maintenance menu all and run both .
  • If in doubt ask.

Attachments

• 1.BIOS_Chips.png
    1.BIOS_Chips.png
    416.4 KB · Views: 224
  • 2.Boot.png
    2.Boot.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 264
  • 3.Devices.png
    3.Devices.png
    134.5 KB · Views: 258
  • 4.Graphics.png
    4.Graphics.png
    166.9 KB · Views: 227
  • 1.CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    1.CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Thank you! Will edit and send updated CLOVER zipped file to double check before installing.

The CLOVER did it!

I need time to edit CLOVER and upload images.
Please make sure Your BIOS >Chipset are set OK .

Edited:
Added edited images of /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other from System Disk
Added edited image of BIOS>Chips.
Added edited images of config.plist viewed in Clover Configurator Vibrant and following sections reviewed and annotated:
Boot, Devices, Graphics
Rest of the sections Look OK
Please edit your CLOVER as shown and Save config.plist after editing

• Please note you have to add 3 kexts in CLOVER/Other and Remove the Numbered folders enclosed in Red rectangle in the image.
  • Please note you need the 3 kexts "Lilu.kext" and" IntelGraphicsFixup.kext" and shiki.kext . Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup can be downloaded from RehabMan bucket . Shiki Release from 67.7 KB 2.2.0.RELEASE.zip
  • Please INSTALL these 3 kexts in /S/L/E using Kext Wizard downloaded from Tonymac link. KW will do the install to /S/L/E . Please note check boxes in that KW interface and √ as needed (obvious) . After Install Kext option is completed , choose Maintenance menu all and run both .
  • If in doubt ask.
I appreciate all of your efforts and help during this process, but I keep getting my ass kicked. Now once the Install USB is removed, I try to reboot using the SSD. The status bar gets just barely to the end before going blank and leaving my screen with an "out of range" message, thus leaving me with no clue of the next step.

I am attaching some screen grabs of my CCV along with a zipped version of my CLOVER folder. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 8.33.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 8.33.32 PM.png
    842.7 KB · Views: 220
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 8.33.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 8.33.48 PM.png
    807.1 KB · Views: 188
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 8.34.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 8.34.01 PM.png
    696 KB · Views: 224
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 8.34.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 8.34.14 PM.png