GT240
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

Installed latest Chimera on my journey to 10.7, but i'm bogged down at the "reboot and select installer" bit. I don't even get the installer drive showing up.

Aside from that, Chimera seems unresponsive to KB input. It won't respond regardless of what buttons i hit.

Any ideas? I downloaded multi beast today so i'm assuming everything is as recent as it can be.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

UPDATE: Other USB devices need to be removed (IE Ext. Soundcard, Time Machine Drive), and use of PS/2 Keyboard for Control

Re: Possibly a really dumb Chimera Question

Ok,
- downloaded lion from app store
- created partition called "Installer"
- d/l xMove and installer to "Installer"
- rebooted, can't see it in Chameleon.

Thats as far as i get... I can't even see any visible change in Chameleon when i punch every single bloody button on my KB!

My normal boot drive "Hackintosh Pro" appears in Cham, but nothing else.

to be brutally honest, its really starting to **** me because i keep trying tony's method and it never seems to work!

Cheers

Chris

Re: Possibly a really dumb Chimera Question

:cry: I unfortunately have the same problem on my Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 (Core i5-750) Hackintosh.
I updated to the 3.8.0 version of Multibeast and did an Easybeast install to have the latest version of Chimera etc.
When I reboot, Chimera does not show boot options, no matter which keys I press.

Then I followed this post:
viewtopic.php?f=169&t=25834
and added an "Instant Menu=Yes" string to the com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extras.

Now both partitions show up in chimera on boot, without me havin to press a key. But Chimera freezes at this point, and I can not select one of the boot partitions and continue booting,

A solution would be greatly appreciated ;-)

best,

geb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back