Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] "Please go to https://panic.apple.com to report this panic" after updating to High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170N WiFi
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently updated my computer to high sierra from sierra. I was able to get in to the OS, but after rebooting, the apple logo would load to about half way and keep rebooting. I can sometimes get around it and into the OS in Safe mode, but I've never seen anything like this. I attached the hanging prompt and config.plist. I know that some of the kexts I have are not needed, just not sure which ones at the moment.
Kexts in 10.13 folder:
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA
AppleIntelE1000e
AtherosE2200Ethernet
AtherosWifiInjector
BrcmFirmwareData
BrcmNonPatchRAM2
FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi
FakePCIID_XHCIMux
FakePCIID
FakeSMC
HDMIAudio
IntelGraphicsFixup
IO80211Family
Lilu
NullCPUPowerManagement
RealtekRTL8111
USBInjectAll

Thanks in advance.

Specs:
MOBO: Gigabyte Z170N Wifi
CPU: i7 6700k
GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC

Attachments

• IMG_1318.jpeg
    IMG_1318.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 3,863
  • config.plist
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,009
Reactions: com
I recently updated my computer to high sierra from sierra. I was able to get in to the OS, but after rebooting, the apple logo would load to about half way and keep rebooting. I can sometimes get around it and into the OS in Safe mode, but I've never seen anything like this. I attached the hanging prompt and config.plist. I know that some of the kexts I have are not needed, just not sure which ones at the moment.
Kexts in 10.13 folder:
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA
AppleIntelE1000e
AtherosE2200Ethernet
AtherosWifiInjector
BrcmFirmwareData
BrcmNonPatchRAM2
FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi
FakePCIID_XHCIMux
FakePCIID
FakeSMC
HDMIAudio
IntelGraphicsFixup
IO80211Family
Lilu
NullCPUPowerManagement
RealtekRTL8111
USBInjectAll

Thanks in advance.

Specs:
moved to desktop support

Kexts in 10.13 folder:
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA
AppleIntelE1000e
AtherosE2200Ethernet
AtherosWifiInjector
BrcmFirmwareData
BrcmNonPatchRAM2
FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi
FakePCIID_XHCIMux
FakePCIID
FakeSMC
HDMIAudio
IntelGraphicsFixup
IO80211Family
Lilu
NullCPUPowerManagement
RealtekRTL8111
USBInjectAll

Thanks in advance.

Specs:
  1. Please update your Personal Details so that your MoBo|CPU|Graphics will be listed under your login name and logo for easy access through out this troubleshoot and beyond. It is also the Rule of this forum we all follow. You can see hardware listed under our logo and login name.
  2. After High Sierra installation was completed on your hard disk, did you run Multibeast 10 on the Hard disk to load Clover EFI boot loader in UEFI mode and install the required drivers , graphics Configuration and give the Hard disk a System Definition (Mac Model) appropriate for the Model year consistent with the hardware? Is the uploaded screen shot of Kexts from the System Disk?
  3. If the above uploaded list is from your System Disk, then, Copy & Paste them to CLOVER/kexts/Other of System disk and then delete all the numbered folders INCLUDING 10.13 and try to boot again.
  4. If you have any doubts , please upload the CLOVER folder from the System Hard Disk to this Forum.
  5. Keep doing Verbal Mode boots till you have a system that boots flawless without the need for USB installer.

1. Please update your Personal Details so that your MoBo|CPU|Graphics will be listed under your login name and logo for easy access through out this troubleshoot and beyond. It is also the Rule of this forum we all follow. You can see hardware listed under our logo and login name.
  2. After High Sierra installation was completed on your hard disk, did you run Multibeast 10 on the Hard disk to load Clover EFI boot loader in UEFI mode and install the required drivers , graphics Configuration and give the Hard disk a System Definition (Mac Model) appropriate for the Model year consistent with the hardware? Is the uploaded screen shot of Kexts from the System Disk?
  3. If the above uploaded list is from your System Disk, then, Copy & Paste them to CLOVER/kexts/Other of System disk and then delete all the numbered folders INCLUDING 10.13 and try to boot again.
  4. If you have any doubts , please upload the CLOVER folder from the System Hard Disk to this Forum.
  5. Keep doing Verbal Mode boots till you have a system that boots flawless without the need for USB installer.
Turns out the problem was that the AppleHDA kext in S/L/E was a vanilla version and the one in my kexts boot folder was modified. Everything's working now!

Turns out the problem was that the AppleHDA kext in S/L/E was a vanilla version and the one in my kexts boot folder was modified. Everything's working now!
Great.
Please edit the Title of your post with prefix [SOLVED].
Others with same problem can find your post when searched to solve their similar issues.

I'm sorry what does mean, in simple words? I don't understand the "AppleHDA kext in S/L/E was a vanilla version" part. I've got a similar problem.

I'm sorry what does mean, in simple words? I don't understand the "AppleHDA kext in S/L/E was a vanilla version" part. I've got a similar problem.
S/L/E stands for System Library Extensions, this is where the kext file lives. vanilla means not patched in any way (original kext file installed by the Macos installer)

S/L/E stands for System Library Extensions, this is where the kext file lives. vanilla means not patched in any way (original kext file installed by the Macos installer)
Thanks a lot, but what He did? I 've attached a visual feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back