Contribute
Register

[Solved] Persistent unpredictable crashing in Sierra 10.12.6 (and 10.12.5) with Kaby Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock H110M-STX Deskmini (Clover)
CPU
i5 7500 /H110
Graphics
Intel HD 630, LG4K (1920*1080 or higher)
Hi,

I followed the instructions on the main page (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/) to install Sierra on a H110 based DeskMini with a Kaby Lake i5 7500 (Intel HD 630), and 8GB RAM (2*4GB DDR4 2400 RAM). Other accounts suggest that Sierra works well on the DeskMini.

At first the installation seemed to have gone without a hitch - the instructions were clear (unibeast,clover, multibeast), the installation (initially of 10.12.5 and now a clean install of 10.12.6) was quick, and everything worked as expected (ethernet, sound, graphics). But the system consistently crashed, not on start-up but anywhere from 2 - 20 minutes later the whole system would become unresponsive. This behavior was unpredictable and didn't appear to be related to any specific application being open or activity.

I wondered if it might be related to using a 4K screen over DP, but resolution is set to 1920 * 1080 which doesn't seem unreasonably high. (Incidentally a full range of resolution scaling settings in OS X system preferences is missing when 'inject intel' is enabled, but re-appears when inject is disabled. That said the system still crashes eventaully in both cases so I don't think that is the issue.)

I have used memest and the RAM seems to be OK.

I have spent the past two weeks reading threads on this site trying to troubleshoot the problem, trying different SMBIOS values (iMac 14,2 17,1 18,3) and different settings (e.g. changing the IntelGFX, IG-platform-ID, inject/not values), but always end up with the same issue. I also tried copying the lilu.kext and intelgraphicsfixup.kext to the 'other kexts' folder, but that leads to a crash on boot. I am at a loss as what to try next and would be very grateful for any suggestions. Apologies if I have missed something simple. Thanks!

diagnostic files attached.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 78
  • ioreg_iMac.zip
    563.9 KB · Views: 60
Got the same issue!!
Please help!

I re-flashed and updated the BIOS, changed the BIOS settings again, and installed 10.12.6 from scratch and that seems to have fixed it.

Hi,I also have the deskmini. I didn't find you question on my computer, but my audio with USB and headphone plug is noisy even I don't play music. What's more, my keyboard and mouse is light on even I shutdown the computer. Did you have solution for my issues? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back