Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
[SOLVED]Panic While booting with unibeast 5 for fresh Yosemite install

Hello all- Downloaded Yosemite last night - created the USB with unibeast 5.0 (all files were invisible)- unplugged everything else other than boot drive, DVDs, and 1 monitor - when I boot from the USB, i get a panic (image below)btw: I have Mavericks running already on the boot drive but prefer having a clean install. IMG_1035.JPGCan anyone help me ??? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:`Thank you all!!

Panic While booting with unites the 5 for fresh Yosemite install

If you have a graphics card installed, disable IGP in bios for the installation. You can enable it after you've installed OS X Yosemite.

Had the same problem that you guys. Mine solution was pretty simple. I've physically unplugged every SATA and USB device other than pre-formatted install drive and usb installation stick. The installer started in a breeze without any bootflags. ETA: 11 min. Fingers crossed.

Thank you!

This is was the exact issue. I made the default graphics card the default, and it worked like a charm.

Same problem here, KP looks the exact same. I have disabled onboard graphics and removed all drives and USB devices other than Unibeast USB install drive and blank SSD for installation.

I am currently using a GeForce GT 640 card for my graphics... May have to remove that and use onboard graphics instead...

EDIT: Pulled out graphics card and that fixed my KP. Using onboard graphics instead for the install... Says 6 min left at this point.

[SOLVED]Panic While booting with unibeast 5.01 for fresh Yosemite install

[UPDATE1]: removed video card(enabled the onboard video), a IEEE CARD, and the extra memory (booting with 8GB stick) still failed! Had to boot with "-x GraphicsEnabler=No, PCIRootUID=1, maxmem=4096" and then the install started!

on a side note: this has been the most annoying "beginning install" I ever had !! Wow

[UPDATE2]: now it hangs at startup and only comes up in safe mode! IF you have the same board... can you tell me if these settings work for you (I had similar setup in Mavericks) :beachball::beachball::beachball:

Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 3.55.36 PM.png

[UPDATE 3] so, after much fuzz I got Yosemite installed. Reconnected video card & plugged all memory's. Having issues with the mouse I had to go back to the USB.... I try booting back with GraphicsEnabler & PPCIRoot (above)... Turns out I was getting the same panic. Once I boot with "maxmem=4096" the installation started fine and on my 760 card!!

Started having a "Essentials.pkg" Error at about the 13 minute mark during the install...

Came back to this AWESOME site and found this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-support/143834-anybody-essentials-pkg-error.html

After many, many, many tries and combinations... booted with -x -no-zp and now it's all up and running... :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Just working on no sound now... UGHHHH

Changed my multlibeast settings a bit to use the intel network card...

Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 10.58.59 AM.png

[UPDATE 4]
Had several issue in the past 2 days... keyboard and mouse not working after the install & a GeForceSensors (pci1): started, then followed by "still waiting for root device".
both of them were due to extra kext
loaded... had to manually uninstall them. found the best solution is
boot with -x , use the setting below and everything works.. INCLUDING the sound card (mine is connected to the optical port)... Kext Dev Mode was installed for the sound card issue ... I read on a thread here!!
:shh:

SCORE!!!

Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 9.58.51 AM.png

This is has been the most issue prone install I've had on this board... but I have to say that Yomesite is very resilient and boots up regardless... (doesn't trap as often during the install and post install process)
PS: FaceTime and iMessage are still not working but that's expected...

[UPDATE 6]
tried to install CLOVER. To solve the FaceTime / iMessage... => EPIC ANNOYANCE

cant get it to boot the partition and there's no one willing to help (point me to the guide that got me to that point is not helping in my book!)
Can't even boot with my unibeast USB so have to install Yosemite on a new drive and face ALL these issues again !! Why you ask? IDFK... Can't install it with the same install and switches above ... Again major annoyance !!! Ughhhhh. :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: :sick::sick::sick::sick:

[UPDATE 7] (hopefully the LAST one :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:).... What a major pain in the rear end... WOW .....

So no matter what I did, the Graphics card is not a go with Yosemite install !
Unplugged it and booted with -x -no-zp installation worked ok (between freezes and delays installing)

used Multibeast 7.01 and got it booting up .. sound, networking and graphics card with multiple monitors are a go!! :)

Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 6.23.30 PM.png

I know this is a lot of trial and error but hopefully someone will read it and appreciate the info!!!
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back