Contribute
Register

[Solved] Panic (CPU 0) after previously working High Sierra 8700k --- Plz Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
Intel 8700K
Graphics
XFX (Radeon) 580
Hi. I had a fully working dual boot with Windows 10 and High Sierra on single SSD, but due to some malware I had to reinstall Windows 10. Now my clover still shows all the Mac partition options, but none of them, not even the Install USB boot beyond the frozen apple screen. With verbose boot, it is very hard to see whats happening as it goes so fast, but with a couple of slomo vids I can see:
Panic (CPU 0 Caller xffffff000v56f2e9) : Kernel trap at 0xffffff7f90b3a54a type 14 page fault

Some of those numbers might be wrong as the slo mo videos are very blurry.
I have tried reinstalling Clover. I have tried booting off a second SSD EFI partition with a backup copy of Clover. Yet none of what used to work perfectly works any longer.

Could this be something to do with the patches that were kicked out for Intel cpus recently? Have I installed something in Windows that might have caused the CPU to not boot anymore in macOS? Last thing I remember installing were Intel ME drivers. I have performed Disk Scan from Macdrive 10 and everything seems fine, though it's not extensive. I cannot boot from Install USB for High Sierra anymore and so I cannot do further disk verifications.

Please help me get back into my macOS partition. Thank you.

I tried a Unibeast Installer with the main SSD unplugged from the MoBo. It also had this Panic CPU 0 Caller code. So it is definitely something other than just the reinstall of Windows that caused this. As I said before, it came out of nowhere as everything was booting fine. Can anyone with a deeper understanding of this explain what the heck has happened please? I am desperate to get my work partition (macOS) back working again.

I was using a well reputed build guide from another site with the same spec as me except different RAM brand (I have G.Skill TridentZ and he had Corsair I think). Can this be RAM related? And if so why would it just suddenly show up and be permanently there? Please please please. Thanks.

More information:
Attached is a photo of the Verbose mode.

I just tried to move the memory around to different slots and reduced it to single channel with one DIMM, but no difference.
I tried also to name the RAM in clover. Also tried Trust True and False. No difference. What else can I try? Are there any experts here? By the way, this machine continues to boot fine in Windows... so it cannot be terminal hardware issue.

Attachments

• IMG_5300.jpg
    IMG_5300.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 427
I just tried to move the memory around to different slots and reduced it to single channel with one DIMM, but no difference.
I tried also to name the RAM in clover. Also tried Trust True and False. No difference. What else can I try? Are there any experts here? By the way, this machine continues to boot fine in Windows... so it cannot be terminal hardware issue.
I think that you are barking up the wrong tree and it is not the memory that is causing your problems.

Attach your config.plist.

Thanks so much for engaging. I have posted the config below.

I also made another video of the boot sequence and found some possibly relevant stuff. I have also attached a screenshot. (Is there a way to get the verbose mode to pause or scroll up or log somewhere so I dont have to deal with slo mo videos and playing refresh rate syncing roulette?)

IMG_5305.PNG

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.4 KB · Views: 246
Thanks so much for engaging. I have posted the config below.
Please complete your profile (not signature) to show your exact components.
Motherboard (Mobo), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

The kernel isn't loading, have you tried a fake CPU ID in clover boot manager. Use cursor arrows and go to options then Binaries menu. Add 0x050654, or 506E3 and try again. Does this CPU have integrated graphics? I noticed inject Intel checked off in your config.plist if no graphics uncheck that in boot manager screen as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back