Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] P55A-UD4P - Install Failed (former Still waiting..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: P55A-UD4P - Install Failed (former Still waiting for root..)

Ok so you have a Retail Copy of the Snow Leopard Install disk too right? If you use a Macbook version that came with a MacBook it is not the same. Best Buy has 10.6.3 for $29.

I wish I could loan you my DVD drive just to rule out the Hardware. Only things I could think of right now. This shouldn't be this difficult so I am betting it has to be Hardware.

Yes its Retail DVD with the snow leopard cat, not the gray ones which comes with Macs.

If is hardware which part you have in mind?
Even I knew I did everything as it should be in the BIOS, could someone with working Mac OS with my board (GA P55A-UD4P), to take a pictures of his BIOS settings and send it to me?
Thank You!

DVD Drive would be my first option to change, then Video Card. Maybe restore BIOS defaults and then go back through and reset the AHCI etc...

OK, as I said I will try with different SL DVD so I tried and .... it worked :D
P1120589.JPG

Here is the bad boy. At first I wanted to kiss him :mrgreen:
P1120593.JPG

Thanks everybody for your help and suggestions!

Attachments

• P1120589.JPG
    P1120589.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 218
  • P1120593.JPG
    P1120593.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 201

mupkoc said:
OK, as I said I will try with different SL DVD so I tried and .... it worked :D
P1120589.JPG

Here is the bad boy. At first I wanted to kiss him :mrgreen:
P1120593.JPG

Thanks everybody for your help and suggestions!
Wunderbar...fine it's working now...you're welcome :clap:

hey guys! im new toall this and i got the same error 'the installer could not copy necessary support files' or something and when i first tried it i used my track pad and when it failed i tried again the next day and my track pad wasn't working with it, so i plugged in my usb mouse and that worked with it, but i still got the error :banghead: so... do you think taking out my usb mouse during installation might help???? thnx guys!

TheJoemoze said:
hey guys! im new toall this and i got the same error 'the installer could not copy necessary support files' or something and when i first tried it i used my track pad and when it failed i tried again the next day and my track pad wasn't working with it, so i plugged in my usb mouse and that worked with it, but i still got the error :banghead: so... do you think taking out my usb mouse during installation might help???? thnx guys!
You use a Laptop...you're posting in the wrong section of the Forum

I'm having the identical issue with my attempt at a hack mini. It is the exact build Tony put together. (but with the lifehacker variations, which I think is just the Corsair RAM instead of OCZ). So I know the hardware should be good to go. I've also gone into bios and done all the suggested things.

So I was encouraged to see this issue resolved. My question is what could differ from retail SL DVD to SL DVD that it would cause that error?

I ordered another disc to see if it improves the situation, I'm hoping it works.

But is there something I should be looking for as far as SL DVD's? A particular build or year or anything?

Thank you for any and all response!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back