Hi all,

New here, but my build is:
i5-6600K (not overclocked yet)
Evga 980 Ti 6GB SC ATX 2.0
Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5
32 GB (2x16) 2400MHz Crucial
Crucial 256 SSD
Edit: Running El Capitan 10.11.6

The system worked perfectly a few times, was able to hook it up to 3 displays via Displayports. But when it turned off, or went to sleep, I would have to restart it (with one screen) and it would not go any further than halfway at the apple logo boot screen.

Most up to date NVIDIA drivers already installed since it worked with the 3 monitors previously. Not sure why it's so unreliable when it restarts.

Thanks for all the help!!

Last edited:
Hi all,

New here, but my build is:
i5-6600K (not overclocked yet)
Evga 980 Ti 6GB SC ATX 2.0
Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5
32 GB (2x16) 2400MHz Crucial
Crucial 256 SSD
Edit: Running El Capitan 10.11.6

The system worked perfectly a few times, was able to hook it up to 3 displays via Displayports. But when it turned off, or went to sleep, I would have to restart it (with one screen) and it would not go any further than halfway at the apple logo boot screen.

Most up to date NVIDIA drivers already installed since it worked with the 3 monitors previously. Not sure why it's so unreliable when it restarts.

Thanks for all the help!!

Solved, it turned out when that happens, the video card has crapped out. Probably on one of its dying breaths. Reinstalled clean using the integrated graphics with the 980 Ti taken out of the PCI slot and totally fine. Thanks for reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back