Graphics
EVGA GTX 650 Ti 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just installed Yosemite with Clover and everything is fine but I noticed that only 1 ethernet port works (the one closer to PS/2 ports). When I installed Yosemite on Chimera, I saw both ports. I tried all drivers and have same results.

Is this by design or have I done something wrong? I mean, I'll never use more than 1 port for a Hackintosh anyway, so it's not a deal-breaker for me, but would still like to know. Thanks.

Only 1 out of 2 LAN ports work in Clover

I just installed Yosemite with Clover and everything is fine but I noticed that only 1 ethernet port works (the one closer to PS/2 ports). When I installed Yosemite on Chimera, I saw both ports. I tried all drivers and have same results.

Is this by design or have I done something wrong? I mean, I'll never use more than 1 port for a Hackintosh anyway, so it's not a deal-breaker for me, but would still like to know. Thanks.

It's like any device that doesn't have native support, you have to install a kext for it.

The reason that it worked during installation is that Unibeast includes additional network kexts.
In order to use them when booting from your hard drive you must install them.

Identify your hardware and install the appropriate kext/s.

I tried all 3 kexts from MultiBeast for the RTL8111.

If I don't install any of them, no ethernet works, but with at least one of them (any of them), I get 1 port working. I tried installing through MultiBeast and I tried putting the kexts into the efi with same results. On Chimera, if I install the kexts through MultiBeast, I get both ports working.

I'm on Mieze's kext now and ethernet works fine, but I'm just wondering why I lost the 2nd ethernet port?

I tried all 3 kexts from MultiBeast for the RTL8111.

If I don't install any of them, no ethernet works, but with at least one of them (any of them), I get 1 port working. I tried installing through MultiBeast and I tried putting the kexts into the efi with same results. On Chimera, if I install the kexts through MultiBeast, I get both ports working.

I'm on Mieze's kext now and ethernet works fine, but I'm just wondering why I lost the 2nd ethernet port?

I was under the misapprehension that your board had two different Ethernet controllers.
I just checked the Gigabyte website and found that it doesn't.

2 x Realtek GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)

Not sure why one works and the other does not in that case.

You might try booting without caches to bypass previous attempts.

Also delete your Ethernet settings in System Preferences,
Restart and then add them both back.

Good Luck

Run dpcimanger to find out the device Ids and vendor ids if they don't match that may be the problem and will require an info.plist patch

So this is what I got. Does this mean that the kext that is being currently loaded for my ethernet is AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext? It's supposed to be "RealtekRTL8111.kext" that I put in the kexts/10.10 folder on the EFI.

This is from Clover installation of Yosemite. (1 LAN port detected; incorrect kext used)

This is from UniBeast installation of Mavericks. (2 LAN ports detected; correct kext used) Installation of UniBeast Yosemite looked correct, too, when I installed it previously.

Blah, I got it working. I deleted the driver from EFI and replaced it with another copy from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/

The driver I had in EFI was from MultiBeast. I must've copied it to EFI improperly from /S/L/E/ after installing it with MultiBeast. Sigh.

Here they are, in their full glory!

I have H77N-WIFI x2, Z77N-WIFI x2, running on clover with RTL8111 kexts download from the Tony's Clover Guide, both LAN1 and LAN2 works fine

recommended use PJALM's DSDT Patches for the board H77N-WIFI
http://pjalm.com/forums/index.php

I'm jumping in with a strange problem that may have a similar fix.
Z87X i74770K- After major crash, I am trying to get things settled down again.

I insert the Haswell IBoot DVD. It loads as expected. My Apple USB wired keyboard isn't recognized.
Thus I can't select the OSX partition that appears on the monitor. I have tried connecting the Apple OSX wired keyboard to many USB ports in the front of case, in the side, and in the rear. Same results.

If I boot with ONLY a PS/2 keyboard, I am able to select the OSX partition but result is a panic.

I have tried my second Apple keyboard same result.
I have also tried with a "Windows" USB wired keyboard .It too is not recognized.

I have a separate SSD with Windows 10 installed. When I disconnect all the OSX drives and connect only the windows SSD, same behavior. Only ps/2 keyboard is recognized.

I have been careful not to have SSDs with Windows connected when any OSX SSD is connected.
Note: all the OSX boot drives and the Win boot drives are SSDs. Does this have a impact on the strangeness.

If I can get Haswell I boot working with Apple USB wired keyboard, I will be able to re-install
OSX from scratch. I don't want to be locked into use of a PS/2 keyboard. Just using it as part of testing. Before my loss of OSX and several drives, my Apple USB wired keyboard performed well.

NOTE: I was able to install WIN 10 on a SSD when only that single SSD was connected. I used the Apple USB wired keyboard for that, It operated flawlessly in that configuration.

My monitor is connected to the motherboard's video DATA PORT.

I cannot access F12 boot drive selector or BIOS[delete] with any USB keyboard.
When I connect a NON Apple USB keyboard to the front ports of motherboard, I see a green lamp[num lock] lighted, but the keyboard is still not recognized.

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE?
I am now without other things to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back