omen 15 2020
CPU
10750h
Graphics
UHD 630 / 2070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi all.
I had a catalina full working hackintosh on this laptop. I updated to big sur via the apple update app. It installed big sur but now whenever I try to put the login password, it gets stuck moments later.
I'll attach the last efi where I disabled s lot of acpis just to get the essential ones active.

The laptop on catalina was full functional.

Keep in mind that I have 2 SSD nvme drives, one is for windows and in the other I have installed catalina (now big sur).

Attachments

• IMG_20210107_155500.jpg
    IMG_20210107_155500.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 48
  • EFI.zip
    55 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Hi all.
I had a catalina full working hackintosh on this laptop. I updated to big sur via the apple update app. It installed big sur but now whenever I try to put the login password, it gets stuck moments later.
I'll attach the last efi where I disabled s lot of acpi just to get essentials.
best to check your renames with your aml files as you can see the issues at the top of the screenshot

best to check your renames with your aml files as you can see the issues at the top of the screenshot
you mean the problem is the gprw.aml file? I didnt rename it, it was like that on catalina... I just set it to False in the config.plist now but it's the same..
how can i rename it?

you mean the problem is the gprw.aml file? I didnt rename it, it was like that on catalina... I just set it to False in the config.plist now but it's the same..
how can i rename it?
no, in your config.plist's you have "renames" and you need to have the corresponding aml files

if you have disabled an aml file, then you also need to disable the rename

Arf I see...I don't know who put those there..and I don't frankly know what they're supposed to do..

Arf I see...I don't know who put those there..and I don't frankly know what they're supposed to do..
well... they are your files, you must have some idea how they got on your machine? unless you followed another guide and used an efi from someone else?

well... they are your files, you must have some idea how they got on your machine? unless you followed another guide and used an efi from someone else?
I did it in September and when I found the solution I kept it as it was for.these months.. if you remember correctly we had a lot of problems installing catalina, and finally after taking something from a guide, something from another user guide, something from an EFI of another hp user and some modifications from another forum it was all ok.. but I don't have a lot of experience so I don't know what every thing is there for..
I tried disabling the rename string we mentioned but another error regarding usbx appeared

Wow, this hackintosh thing is for sure a mistery....

I booted with the old EFI from catalina, I just updated opencore files to last version.... And it's working, I'm on big sur ...

Strange thing I cannot turn on WiFi

Attachments

• IMG_20210107_190157.jpg
    IMG_20210107_190157.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 52
I updated the kext with the last version and now also wifi is working (but slow). Thank you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back