Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Seems like it began around 11.2.0 and became more apparent with 11.2.1 But safari will stop responding to the mouse, the desktop right-click will not work though if I do ctrl-click it seems to bring up the menu, and the latest is my desktop icons disappearing. It appears like it is going down with real macs not just on a Hack. Running the following command brings them back:

defaults write com.apple.finder CreateDesktop true; killall Finder

However, they will disappear again, I am not 100% sure when or what causes it exactly. I also notice when I am playing a fullscreen game that if I click on my second screen the menu bar and the dock do not come to the front, but if I tab and bring up another app they show up. Before I thought it might just be a buggy mouse driver but with the new issue of the desktop Icons disappearing I am rethinking that assertion. I am currently installing 11.3 beta 2 to see if that rectifies the issue but I am considering rolling back to maybe Catalina. Anyone else having this issue? or have a solution to fix it not just temporarily bring the desktop back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back