1. iOS
Here's my build:

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Mobo
Core i7-6700k
32GB G.SKILL RIPJAWS DDR4
Asus GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
256GB WD Black NVMe SSD
Sierra 10.12.4

Let me start by saying that for a brief instant (only once, if I remember right) I had the Nvidia Drivers loaded and it seemed to be working.

I have used this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-sierra-on-the-ga-z170x-ud3.202296/ to get my system set up and it seems to be working very well except for the Nvidia drivers.

I tried the method in this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/ with no luck also

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Nvidia web drivers as well as attempting to use the Nvidia Web Driver updater tool but nothing at all with get the drivers working. The boot flag has the web drivers set to enable but that does nothing. I have run Multi-beast several times and that has done nothing also.

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong or where I've messed up.

It's been a long time since I've used a Hackintosh and the landscape has changed quite a bit so please bear with me. I have attached a screenshot and my config.plist. Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 2.02.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 2.02.23 PM.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 712
  • config.plist
    11.6 KB · Views: 326
Here's my build:

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Mobo
Core i7-6700k
32GB G.SKILL RIPJAWS DDR4
Asus GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
256GB WD Black NVMe SSD
Sierra 10.12.4

Let me start by saying that for a brief instant (only once, if I remember right) I had the Nvidia Drivers loaded and it seemed to be working.

I have used this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-sierra-on-the-ga-z170x-ud3.202296/ to get my system set up and it seems to be working very well except for the Nvidia drivers.

I tried the method in this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/ with no luck also

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Nvidia web drivers as well as attempting to use the Nvidia Web Driver updater tool but nothing at all with get the drivers working. The boot flag has the web drivers set to enable but that does nothing. I have run Multi-beast several times and that has done nothing also.

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong or where I've messed up.

It's been a long time since I've used a Hackintosh and the landscape has changed quite a bit so please bear with me. I have attached a screenshot and my config.plist. Any help is much appreciated.

If you want to use Nvidia graphics why on Earth are you injecting Intel in your config.plist ?

Installation procedure :

BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
Update Clover
Install web drivers
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Enable SIP fully - CsrActive 0x67
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
May need to emulate NVRAM - Problem 6
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist

I don't know how, but I never noticed that I was injecting Intel. Thank you for catching that. I have tried the instructions provided 6 times and it still won't get the Web Drivers enabled. However, I do have the System Report showing that I have an "unknown Nvidia GPU" with 2976MB RAM. Still not quite my 1060 with 6GB of RAM but hopefully this indicates progress.

I think I have have a problem with the NVRAM not doing its job. How do you suggest I troubleshoot this? I have run, and re-run, the Clover installer and used Clover Configurator but the NVRAM variables don't seem to stick at all no matter what.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 8.33.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 8.33.21 AM.png
    39 KB · Views: 364
I think I have have a problem with the NVRAM not doing its job. How do you suggest I troubleshoot this? I have run, and re-run, the Clover installer and used Clover Configurator but the NVRAM variables don't seem to stick at all no matter what.

Look at the root of your partitions for a file called nvram.plist and delete all instances.
Also in Terminal :
Code:
sudo nvram -c
Press return and enter your password
Restart

Confirm that you have installed EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts.

Last edited:
Look at the root of your partitions for a file called nvram.plist and delete all instances.

I searched all of my partitions and didn't find a nvram.plist file. I unhid all files and searched again but nothing came up so I had nothing to delete.

Confirm that you have installed EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts.

I have the EmuVariableUefi-64 in my EFI partition under EFI > CLOVER > drivers64UEFI. I have also re-run the Clover installer with the RC scripts.

Reboot and nothing still.

I searched all of my partitions and didn't find a nvram.plist file. I unhid all files and searched again but nothing came up so I had nothing to delete.
There is definitely a problem with emulating NVRAM then.

I have the EmuVariableUefi-64 in my EFI partition under EFI > CLOVER > drivers64UEFI. I have also re-run the Clover installer with the RC scripts.
The only other thing that I can think of is that you are not booting from the /EFI that you think you are.
This can happen when you install Clover in both Legacy and UEFI mode.
In Legacy mode the /EFI folder is in the root of your system drive.
In UEFI mode the /EFI folder is in the EFI partition of your system drive.
In extreme cases some people have installed to the EFI partition of another drive - Disconnect any other drives.

In extreme cases some people have installed to the EFI partition of another drive - Disconnect any other drives.

I believe this was the cause of my problem. At first, I tried to clone my HDD to the NVMe drive and boot. That worked sort of but didn't put me in any better of a spot. After much frustration, I decided to try and install Mac OS from scratch to my NVMe drive directly. After a few bumps with the kexts to get the NVMe drive visible during installation, Sierra installed properly after which I verified that the NVRAM emulation was working and my EFI partition was also intact on my NVMe drive.

After that, all the post install steps and procedures worked like a charm for my moo and everything seems to be up and 100% functional.

Thank you for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back