1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a GA Z170MX GAMING 5 board that was working using a earlier bios F4 now that I have upgraded to F22a the web driver will not hold. There is information from SlimJim that this board does no have native NVRAM so: the fix noted is:

Fix: setup emulated NVRAM to store the nvda_drv=1 boot flag in boot-args.
After that make sure you have selected (or installed) EmuVariableUefi-64:

Problem 6: You select Nvidia Web Drivers in the menu bar or the Nvidia Driver Manager preference pane but when you restart OS X Default Graphics Driver is checked.

This is caused when your board does not have native NVRAM support such as Gigabyte 100 series boards.
Can EmuVariableUEFI-64 be installed from the latest Clover Configurator after installation of the newest Clover as of 08_25_17 and get the same result as installing EMU during the Clover install process manually?? Is this the only fix? and is RC scripts necessary??

I have a GA Z170MX GAMING 5 board that was working using a earlier bios F4 now that I have upgraded to F22a the web driver will not hold. There is information from SlimJim that this board does no have native NVRAM so: the fix noted is:

Fix: setup emulated NVRAM to store the nvda_drv=1 boot flag in boot-args.
After that make sure you have selected (or installed) EmuVariableUefi-64:

Problem 6: You select Nvidia Web Drivers in the menu bar or the Nvidia Driver Manager preference pane but when you restart OS X Default Graphics Driver is checked.

This is caused when your board does not have native NVRAM support such as Gigabyte 100 series boards.
Can EmuVariableUEFI-64 be installed from the latest Clover Configurator after installation of the newest Clover as of 08_25_17 and get the same result as installing EMU during the Clover install process manually?? Is this the only fix? and is RC scripts necessary??

You can rerun the Clover Installer, it will act as an upgrade and will not delete your config or kext. I have not tried using Clover Configurator but I believe you can install it using that. RC scripts are recommended but may not be necessary.

You can use MultiBeast 9.1.0 or 9.2.0 to do the same thing. See the MultiBeast Features document.

Bootloaders > Clover v2.4k r4173 UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM

Run MultiBeast and just choose the above and install.

Thank you Slim and Stork.
Yes you can load EMU from the Latest Clover Config from the Drivers section. (for all those who use the Config tool and Slim.)
Yes I did see the emulated NVRAM setting in 9.2.0 but I did not know it was needed for this problem and possible Imessage fixing, according to Pilgrim. I installed a EVGA GTX 1050 today before fixing. Using Display port. Same result as MSI GTX 950 I was using before, so I mounted EFI folder, which auto opens Clover Config when clicking on Plist file in Clover folder, BTW Config allows you to see text from your Clover Plist file without the need of TextEdit. Went to driver section of Config and chose EMU and installed. Did not install RC scripts... Saved, closed and unmounted then restarted, and Black Screen before login. Forced restart, added nv_disable=1 in Clover boot argument options, then restarted to roiling screen, at password window. (Web driver not loaded), Ran AGDP fix with EFI mounted, restarted and black screen gone and works perfectly and I now have a Pascal card running on 10.12.6 with no Ghost Boot entries.
Thank you Guys, You are the greatest!!!!!

You can rerun the Clover Installer, it will act as an upgrade and will not delete your config or kext. I have not tried using Clover Configurator but I believe you can install it using that. RC scripts are recommended but may not be necessary.

You can use MultiBeast 9.1.0 or 9.2.0 to do the same thing. See the MultiBeast Features document.

Bootloaders > Clover v2.4k r4173 UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM

Run MultiBeast and just choose the above and install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back