1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Lisa
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a new build but when I go to PCI in system profiler it doesn't see the card. If I go to Graphics/Displays, it says it's a x16 lane NVIDIA card with 3 MB (not a typo) of RAM. The system preferences NVIDIA driver doesn't see anything in that slot. To note, I am using the card, but just at 1024x768.

Does anyone have ideas?

Does anyone have ideas?

BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
Install web drivers
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
May need to emulate NVRAM - Problem 6
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist

I believe I've done this now, but I'm still having the same result. The web drivers on startup are selected but the system preferences for NVIDIA don't recognize the card. If one of these settings didn't take, would you still expect that NVIDIA won't recognize the Pascal card in its preferences?

Thanks so much!

Does anyone have other ideas? Should the PCIe card always show up as detected in the NVIDIA prefpane? I would think so.
Attach your config.plist

Thanks for checking this out. I've attached the config.plist plus what I see on the screen. Thanks for any thoughts!

Attachments

• Screen Sharing Picture May 19, 2017 at 9.09.20 PM EDT.png
    Screen Sharing Picture May 19, 2017 at 9.09.20 PM EDT.png
    662.6 KB · Views: 152
  • config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 141
Thanks for checking this out. I've attached the config.plist plus what I see on the screen. Thanks for any thoughts!
Failed to follow the steps in Post #2 :
Your config.plist has nv_disable=1 which disables the Nvidia drivers - No way they can work if you disable them.

You have a FakeID for IntelGFX of 0x19168086 - Why if you are not using Intel graphics ?
You have an ig-platform-id of 0x19120000 which is for Intel graphics and yet you are using Nvidia - Why do that ?

Try with the attached config.plist and report back :

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 209
Thank you for making the changes (or just uploading a plist that might work). My problems I think stem from having trouble getting the machine to boot properly after getting it to install. I was advised to try copying the EFI folder from the USB. I did that but then I tried to go through the steps to put it in. I didn't add the codes for the Intel graphics manually or anything like that. As for nv_disable, I thought you told me to put that in above.

I really appreciate your helping me understand what's going on. I look forward to being a long-time member of the community and hopefully helping!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back