Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't take that as gospel though. There is a lot of conjecture in this thread, and not a lot of concrete evidence.

Edit: Which reminds me - has anyone actually tested those new cuda drivers? to confirm they don't have the regular web drivers? I know it's unlikely but better to completely rule it out so we can draw a line in the sand with that.

If it turns out the Cuda drivers have the webdrivers in them I'm going to scream

I'm planning on building a new machine come Black Friday; I really want to include a 1080 in it, but it's not looking likely that we'll have support in time. I'm not seeing 980s (preferably TI, or better yet TI OC) on newegg anymore, is it worth waiting for support or should I just try to find somewhere else to get a 980ti?

Personally, If your going to spend the money get the updated product. The 1070 has also shown the same or little bit performance than the 980 ti. So the 1080 would be a solid upgrade. It's solely up to you in your decision. I am chilling with 1070's in sli waiting. I have a mbp so i'm not missing OSX on my desktop 2 bad. 1080 also gives you some future proof.

If it turns out the Cuda drivers have the webdrivers in them I'm going to scream

Well, we don't know for sure. They may, they may not. Anyone willing to check? I don't have Sierra installed yet.

I started to download but had to head to work. I think I downloaded right one it was like 1.5GB file

The cuda drivers don't have webdrivers in them, it's plainly obvious from looking in the package manifest. I'm not sure why people keep trying to say they may be in there, they are not.

There are no mysterious hidden Pascal drivers.

I'm not sure why people keep trying to say they may be in there, they are not.

Probably because no one looked into it deeply, along with the odd wording of the CUDA package.

Well, we don't know for sure. They may, they may not. Anyone willing to check? I don't have Sierra installed yet.
Didn't see anything about Webdrivers in CUDA...

Didn't see anything about Webdrivers in CUDA...

There's not, but because of the wording and so on, some thought/hoped there is... i'm just suggesting people rule it out conclusively so people stop asking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back