Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am literally crying for these drivers. I bought Skylake even though it was not already compatible, I waited months to have El Capitan.
But Intel HD 530 is **** at 4k, so I am basically waiting from February lol

I am literally crying for these drivers. I bought Skylake even though it was not already compatible, I waited months to have El Capitan.
Well I feel your pain... I upgraded a perfectly working X79 platform rig to X99 right at its release and along with it decided to buy a 5960X. That damn CPU never made it to El Capitan until a month before Sierra was official. I was forced to go out a downgrade that beautiful beast of a processor to a 5930K just to update. Now that the patch is out I have a 6900K working just great (minus GPU support mind you). It kicks the $h1t outta the 12core Mac Pro in Geekbench too. Now I too am waiting for the Pascal drivers cuz I can't keep it in my pants when new tech is released... I had to have the 1080s when they came out! Bummer. I'm done with bleeding edge after this for sure.

I really need a new card for Vive. The 970 I've got now is great and all, but a few VR games exhibit minor jitter... I'm not normally a frame rate snob, but it's REALLY, REALLY important to have a steady 90fps in VR. If new drivers aren't released soon, I might try to find a second-hand 980Ti. Second-hand because the prices on new 980Tis are the same or higher than the better-performing 1070s. Hard for me to justify that on principle alone.

I really need a new card for Vive. The 970 I've got now is great and all, but a few VR games exhibit minor jitter... I'm not normally a frame rate snob, but it's REALLY, REALLY important to have a steady 90fps in VR. If new drivers aren't released soon, I might try to find a second-hand 980Ti. Second-hand because the prices on new 980Tis are the same or higher than the better-performing 1070s. Hard for me to justify that on principle alone.

I have a Vive and a GTX1080...it works perfectly fine under Windows 10.

FYI Vive has no support in macOS and don't expect to have any ever.

Out of interest, what would you use a heavy-duty GPU for on a music workstation? I've got Ableton and Reason with a few fairly lightweight plugins, and both of those only seem to tax the CPU. I honestly couldn't tell that I'm using the iGPU in OS X at the moment (I don't do video editing or anything like that).
Fwiw I run Pro Tools HD with 3x1080P and 1x4K screens, so a decent card helps there a lot :)

Have you run the iokit patch to get 4K60hz? It's quite useable running at that rate...

Me too and it's driving me crazy...

Yep same here ........:banghead::banghead::banghead:o_Oo_Oo_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back