Register

[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,
Im trying a more ecofrendly setup.

I have a z97x ud5h, 4790k and a 1070 and
2 Displays.

I would plug one via hdmi 2.0 to the motherboard and the other via dp to the 1070.

Is this possible? And since i dont know ****, can someone tell me where i can find a tutorial for this.

Guys,
Im trying a more ecofrendly setup.

I have a z97x ud5h, 4790k and a 1070 and
2 Displays.

I would plug one via hdmi 2.0 to the motherboard and the other via dp to the 1070.

Is this possible? And since i dont know ****, can someone tell me where i can find a tutorial for this.
All over in this thread. :problem:

Both options should work. Just be aware that OS X will always use the GPU attached to your display, so there won't be any automatic switching from the GTX to AMD when OS X has loaded.

Sorry to somewhat be off topic..

But if I go down this route and use a 1080 W10 gaming and a AMD for macOS, and I use multi Dp port switchers (that go for about 40 bucks) it works? The crucial thing for me is that I can sleep/wake in macOS. Does AMD have full function in that regard?

Thank you.

I use Mac for progamming. If only the Intel HD 530 would have decent 4k HiDPI support, I would be the happiest man on this earth. Maybe with next gen Intel 8xxx, the iGPU will be better.

I use Mac for progamming. If only the Intel HD 530 would have decent 4k HiDPI support, I would be the happiest man on this earth. Maybe with next gen Intel 8xxx, the iGPU will be better.

What HiDPI support do you need that isn't there? Like a pseudo 1440P mode instead of 1080p?

What HiDPI support do you need that isn't there? Like a pseudo 1440P mode instead of 1080p?

Yep, exactly that. I would need 1440p HiDPI, because 1080p is way too big. It's still usable, but on 27" feels too big. With 1440p I would have exactly the right amount of workspace that I am used to on Windows.

Yep, exactly that. I would need 1440p HiDPI, because 1080p is way too big. It's still usable, but on 27" feels too big. With 1440p I would have exactly the right amount of workspace that I am used to on Windows.
I'm in the exact same boat. I've gotten used to 1080 on the 28" 4K but 1440P would be ideal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back