Contribute
Register

[Solved] Not able to install (not even reaching installer menue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVMT is set to MAX. I did not try to enable IGFX in the first place, since I don't want to use it. I want to use the PEG only. The reason I enabled the IGFX, is that without doing so, I'm not even able to reach the Mojave language selector as first step of the installation process.

Try this.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.9 KB · Views: 128
Thanks for your help so far, but unfortunately this didn't help either.

What I was able to find out, is that the system works indeed, I just can't see it.

I installed Teamviewer, disabled the IGFX and restarted. Once again black screen.

But TeamViewer access works, I can login in and what I see there, is what I'd love to see on my monitor:
  • About this mac shows HD 7xxx 3072 MB
  • The system runs with 1920x1080 and acceleration
  • The correct monitor model and profile is selected
I even checked if it makes a difference if I connect via HDMI or DVI, but both show the same effect.

OK. Last try. I'm reporting while I'm trying:
  1. Since I've been trying all the last tings under HS, I installed Mojave from scratch (IGFX only). Booting from install media. About this Mac displays Video 7 MB. First curiosity (at least for me): if I put lilu and whatevergreen in the others folder on my USB boot media, the system stucks again at the usual prompt. So I'll remove that for the time being.
  2. Installed Clover 4722 to be able to boot from SSD: works.
  3. Installed TP-Link Archer WiFi Stick to connect to the internet: works.
  4. Installed IntelMausiEthernet 2.4.0 to make my intel 82579V ethernet work: works.
  5. Installed AtherosL1cEthernet to make my AR8151 ethernet work: works.
  6. Installed Toleda's CloverALC Solution to make my ALC898 work: works.
  7. Installed AHCI_3rdParty(e)Sata kexts for Marvel SATA: works.
As far as I can see, that's it. I don't need no more kexts for my board. Next up I'm going to install TeamViewer before I make my next steps, so I'll be able to access my system even if I'll run in a black screen again.

So, this is where the drama begins:
I've put lilu and whatevergreen back in to the 'other' folder. Lilu alone makes no difference as expected. Once I put whatevergreen there also, I'm stuck at 'gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0' again. But as also expected while my monitor just displays the verbose output, I can access macOS via TeamViewer and it's fully working! About shows indeed 'Intel HD Graphics 4000', I have full acceleration and even System report shows all the right information. As a matter of fact, I'm writing this while I'm in a TV session. Let's try the next thing!

I‘ve reinstalled the PEG, but changed nothing in BIOS, IGXF are still primary. Now I don‘t even get the GigaByte logo, just a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left. No Clover, nothing.

Setting PEG as primary brings back Clover menus. Now the screen turns black immediately after 'gIOLockScreen...' appeared. I can access via TV, but now it say HD 8950 instead of 7950 and the HD4000 is gone and I have one monitor only. The resolution, acceleration is still there though.

Next up I set things up the way they should be: IGFX disabled. The effect is the same as above: black screen, TV access, 8950 instead of 7950 but everything looks fine.

Now this shows, that I may not even need whatevergreen. Once I remove it, I still get a black screen and so on, but now it displays HD 7xxx correctly.

Selecting DeInit changes nothing.

injectATI neither, just the name of the card changes, from HD 7xxx to 7950/8950/R9 280.

That's it folks! I just updated to 10.14.1. Still everything works fine, if only I could see something on the monitor... :(

I guess now I've really reached the point where I can say: I have no clue. Good night.

Last edited:
Fun fact: today I started my Hack. I went away during boot, but when I came back I saw the login screen on my monitor! I was able to log in and everything worked. I have no clue what I've done differently as usual. I tried to power up my Hack before the monitor, I tried to switch the monitor of after selecting macOS...nothing. I wasn't able to reproduce this wonder.

Update:
I found out how I was able to get a picture: when macOS goes to sleep and I wake it up, I get a picture!

Last edited:
Has nobody an idea anymore?
Another info (don't know if it's helpful): when I send my Mac to sleep mode to activate the monitor, I don't have to wake it up, because it doesn't remain in sleep mode, but immediately wakes up again. Maybe that's a hint to something still not set right?

Hallelujah! It's done! I just wanted to give a brief update before I go to the next church to light up some candles.

It finally works! How did I fix it? I'm not going to tell you, since no one was able to help me ;-) :p

Just kidding! It's unbelievable, but it's the port! I tried DVI and HDMI (using an adapter, since my monitor has only DVI and VGA). Today I bought a mini display port to DVI adapter to try even the last available port and it works!

Now I only have to solve the sleep mode problem and I'm happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back