Contribute
Register

[solved] No working external mouse OR int trackpad. Keyboards both work!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
FoxConn AT-7330
CPU
i3-3227u
Graphics
HD4000
Hi.

EDIT: Forget the title I got external mouse working.
Issue now is that the trackpad in this thing is an ALPS I think. Does VoodooPS2 still work with ALPS trackpads?

Thanks.

PS. Just seen I have posted this to Sierra support. I'm just installing Yosemite to make note of ports if needed after update.

Last edited:
Hi.

EDIT: Forget the title I got external mouse working.
Issue now is that the trackpad in this thing is an ALPS I think. Does VoodooPS2 still work with ALPS trackpads?

Thanks.

PS. Just seen I have posted this to Sierra support. I'm just installing Yosemite to make note of ports if needed after update.

My fork of VoodooPS2Controller.kext does not support recent ALPS trackpads. But there are many versions of VoodooPS2Controller.kext. And there are other forks that do, including the bpedman_merge branch in my repo itself.

I downloaded 2014-0224 as I guess that's the one released after the merge?...

The original issue is back! (nothing to do with voodooPS2 version) I managed to get to the installer with working USB mouse but not trackpad. Did the "Preparing drive for installation" bit fine. Tried to boot back in to complete the installation and now back to no trackpad no external mouse.

USB 3.0 ports seem to have stopped working too. Same thing with no VooDooPS2 and with or without GenericXHCI. Thing will not bot at all without -gux_defer_usb2 -gux_no_idle. Will also hang (sometimes) if anything is in the USB ports. Sometimes hangs on "can't take control from BIOS" or something to that effect.

Thought this one would be pretty simple. Everything else about this machine looks pretty good but I have no idea what is going on here.

Last edited:
I downloaded 2014-0224 as I guess that's the one released after the merge?...

There are no pre-built kexts with the merge. If you want the bpedman_merge version, you have to build it yourself.

The original issue is back! (nothing to do with voodooPS2 version) I managed to get to the installer with working USB mouse but not trackpad. Did the "Preparing drive for installation" bit fine. Tried to boot back in to complete the installation and now back to no trackpad no external mouse.
USB 3.0 ports seem to have stopped working too. I have no idea what is going on here.

What version of OS X?
You are writing in the Yosemite forum.
FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIIID_XHCIMux.kext are useful in Yosemite as well.

Installing Yosemite.
Ive not built a kext before. I'll have a Google, hope it helps.

There are settings in the BIOS to disable trackpad when PS2 mouse etc are plugged in. Tried all settings.

Have you seen this problem before?

I'll try the PCIID and mux kexts.

Last edited:
Oh, and thank you for your reply.... I have a feeling I'll be back though.

Installing Yosemite.
Ive not built a kext before. I'll have a Google, hope it helps.

There are settings in the BIOS to disable trackpad when PS2 mouse etc are plugged in. Tried all settings.

Have you seen this problem before?

I'll try the PCIID and mux kexts.

No need to build a kext... Read the README... download locations are provided.

OK so I tried PCIID and mux kexts with PS2Controller ALPS trackpad kext. No change.
Also using GenericUSBXHCI with -gux_defer_USB2 and -gux_no_idle as it willl not boot without it and gives an error "can't take control from BIOS". Trackpad error says it returns invalid byte.

I have seen posts where people have had the same issue in Windows with no trackpad or external mouse working on this machine e6430.

I'm wondering if it can be fixed in DSDT as there is that strange setting in the BIOS where it's possible to disable one pointer device in favor of another, if plugged in. I have no idea why anyone would think this is a good idea to implement.

Oh, just like to add that I have used your PS2Controller.kext with ALPS trackpads before like the Dell 3360 and it worked.... I remember you posted a comment saying you were amazed it still works at all. This was about a year ago I used it though.

Last edited:
OK so I tried PCIID and mux kexts with PS2Controller ALPS trackpad kext. No change.
Also using GenericUSBXHCI with -gux_defer_USB2 and -gux_no_idle as it willl not boot without it and gives an error "can't take control from BIOS". Trackpad error says it returns invalid byte.

I have seen posts where people have had the same issue in Windows with no trackpad or external mouse working on this machine e6430.

I'm wondering if it can be fixed in DSDT as there is that strange setting in the BIOS where it's possible to disable one pointer device in favor of another, if plugged in. I have no idea why anyone would think this is a good idea to implement.

Oh, just like to add that I have used your PS2Controller.kext with ALPS trackpads before like the Dell 3360 and it worked.... I remember you posted a comment saying you were amazed it still works at all. This was about a year ago I used it though.

Start over.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Ok so I created another Yosemite installer USB and and made a fresh EFI folder and it's working now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back