Graphics
EVGA 9800GT 512
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well with no luck or help onsite my desperate cries remain.

I've got 10.7.5 Lion installed and I am receiving no P-States or Speed Step at all. I have patched my Bios to the latest, 1604 from here : http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/

Here is the strange thing, sleep works. I've also changed SMBios to 12,1 iMac (If I put the computer to sleep than wake it I get MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 37] same with iMac 12, 2.

I've tried making my own SSDT.aml and using the one that comes with multibeast. I'm just at a lost, I've got a error that is generated on boot and if I look in my kernel.log I can see it as:

kernel: P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 on CPU 1
kernel: P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 on CPU 2
kernel: P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 on CPU 3
kernel: P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 on CPU 0

If I patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.Kext from 10.7.3 and boot with "UseKernelCahce=No" I get full speedstepping and p-states. However, if I boot with kernel cache using this method I get an instant reboot.

I'm lost, please help? I'm so close yet so far. .

This community is Amazing.

EDIT: Specs are as followed
Intel Core i5 2500K Stock
Asus Maximus Gene V
EVGA 9800gt 512MB
32GB DDR3 1600MHZ

No SpeedStep Even After Patched Bios

Well with no luck or help onsite my desperate cries remain.

I've got 10.7.5 Lion installed and I am receiving no P-States or Speed Step at all. I have patched my Bios to the latest, 1604 from here : http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/

Here is the strange thing, sleep works. I've also changed SMBios to 12,1 iMac (If I put the computer to sleep than wake it I get MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 37] same with iMac 12, 2.

I've tried making my own SSDT.aml and using the one that comes with multibeast. I'm just at a lost, I've got a error that is generated on boot and if I look in my kernel.log I can see it as:

kernel: P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 on CPU 1
kernel: P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 on CPU 2
kernel: P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 on CPU 3
kernel: P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 on CPU 0

If I patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.Kext from 10.7.3 and boot with "UseKernelCahce=No" I get full speedstepping and p-states. However, if I boot with kernel cache using this method I get an instant reboot.

I'm lost, please help? I'm so close yet so far. .

This community is Amazing.

EDIT: Specs are as followed
Intel Core i5 2500K Stock
Asus Maximus Gene V
EVGA 9800gt 512MB
32GB DDR3 1600MHZ

I had the same problem for weeks, I solved it by trying different settings in the BIOS.

We both have ASUS motherboards so our BIOS probably look the same.

Here are my settings that made SpeedStep working:

zl6KLHy.png

gc0mWD0.png

You choose wether to have Turbo Mode enabled or disabled, I have it enabled to get more power :D
47teb2J.png

Please report back and tell me if you got it working :)

Please run this script http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/86906-ssdt-generation-script-ivybridge-pm.html
to generate ssdt_pr.dsl for your processor, or any other processor you may want to use. Even for Haswell processors.

Oh and the auto setting in the UEFI BIOS will set it to 34, 35, 36 and 37 (with your i5-2500K CPU running at stock speed) and give you: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: Turbo Ratios 1234

p.s. The title is "(Ivy Bridge PM)" but it should have been "(Ivy Bridge) PM". As in it works with Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge and Haswell processors.

View attachment 50358

Please run this script http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/86906-ssdt-generation-script-ivybridge-pm.html
to generate ssdt_pr.dsl for your processor, or any other processor you may want to use. Even for Haswell processors.

Oh and the auto setting in the UEFI BIOS will set it to 34, 35, 36 and 37 (with your i5-2500K CPU running at stock speed) and give you: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: Turbo Ratios 1234

p.s. The title is "(Ivy Bridge PM)" but it should have been "(Ivy Bridge) PM". As in it works with Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge and Haswell processors.

Both of these worked! Love the SSDT generator. Thank you guys for all your help, I really appreciate it. Now I can run 10.8.3 flawlessly.

Me too, now to get more P-states! I've only got X16-X37 with iMac12, 2 system definition and a generated SSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back