Contribute
Register

[solved] - no sound and boot fail after ALC8xxHDA update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: no sound and boot fail after ALC8xxHDA update :(

@karacho

the thing is i have installed that voodo driver many times before from diffrent things but after installing alc8xx + voodo hda it worked. and thats quite confusing for me that which one is actually working. because my mac info says -> intel 888 is the audio controller. :)

It's strange. What should i say? **** happens...but in your case it was a luck :D and the main thing is...it works :cool: I never stop learning

Would you mind marking the thread title as [SOLVED]? Just edit the 1st post and add [SOLVED] in front to the topic.
TIA karacho

karacho said:
It's strange. What should i say? **** happens...but in your case it was a luck :D and the main thing is...it works :cool: I never stop learning

Would you mind marking the thread title as [SOLVED]? Just edit the 1st post and add [SOLVED] in front to the topic.
TIA karacho
Tnks, now I have change my post in solved post!! :)

Finally...

Frist build is over with solving similar audio problem. Thx a lot.

Sorry for posting in a [solved] thread, but I thought my experience adds to the discussion. I have a system grossly identical to keysdude's (same motherboard, slightly different CPU and video). The audio chip is ALC889 - confirmed it visually on the mobo, can post pictures if you want. I was having a lot of trouble getting sound to work - primarily because, no matter what combination of alc8xxhda and hdaenabler8xx I would try, I always got a kernel panic at boot.

Then I removed VoodooHDA 0.2.72, which I had installed previously (also inspired by this thread). That fixed all my problems. My system boots, and it has sound. So my winning combination is: ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA rollback and HDAenabler889, and NO VoodooHDA.

geekoverload said:
Sorry for posting in a [solved] thread, but I thought my experience adds to the discussion. I have a system grossly identical to keysdude's (same motherboard, slightly different CPU and video). The audio chip is ALC889 - confirmed it visually on the mobo, can post pictures if you want. I was having a lot of trouble getting sound to work - primarily because, no matter what combination of alc8xxhda and hdaenabler8xx I would try, I always got a kernel panic at boot.

Then I removed VoodooHDA 0.2.72, which I had installed previously (also inspired by this thread). That fixed all my problems. My system boots, and it has sound. So my winning combination is: ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA rollback and HDAenabler889, and NO VoodooHDA.
Yeah you're right :thumbup:
When using a DSDT only ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA rollback is needed. Without using a DSDT your winning combination is recommended. VoodooHDA in combination with AppleHDA and/or HDAEnabler mostly results in KP's. For Users with unsupported audio chips, the VoodooHDA might be the only solution to get sound working...but they don't should use any other audio kext beside in this case. And i'm sure if the OP delete the ALC8xxHDA his audio will work w/o it because VoodooHDA is installed. I think he just forgot to tick System Utilities when he installed the audio kexts 1st time. However, his audio works and he's lucky with that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back