Contribute
Register

[Solved] - No sound after sleep - ALC892 - Yosemite + Clover - Help with fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure it still works fine after a long sleep?

I am using OS X El Captain, ASUS Z-97A (ALC892). The tutorial is out of date. The two variables are no longer existed in the plist. (check this readme.md update: https://github.com/Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander/commit/fe726486e5283095425a276eb1c2a4d50e9ebfad)

After applying the latest kext without modifying anything, the sound is back after short sleep. However, it still acts quite weirdly after a long sleep (maybe this is the fugue-sleep mentioned by Dolnor). The audio is lost for a couple minutes and then appears again.

I don't know if there is a way to solve this entirely...

Having the same problem, I am trying to use Rickmywirry's solution. I do ok until I get to the 2nd step, select "Command+B", I get the following message;

"The run destination 'My Mac' is not valid for Running the scheme 'CodecCommander'". What am I doing wrong? Help!

Look at the xcode toolbar. You should see an orange warning symbol. Click it and apply the suggested fixes. Then you should be able to build.

This doesn't seem to work for me. The kext i have downloaded doesn't seem to have the entries like yours do.

Hi friends,
Just want to chime in and say that I too had this problem, and was able to sort it by using the instructions by OP from post #4 in this thread! Huzzah!

A few pieces of info which might be useful for fellow sufferers:
  • I'm running 2012 hardware, listed in my avatar, and using the 898 rather than the 892
  • I just did a clean install this very weekend and went up to El Capitan (OS X 10.11.4 and Multibeast 8.1.0, using Clover Legacy configuration within MB)
  • Not being a developer, I have no idea what XCode is. GitHub scares me half to death, and really I seem to have lost a step on all this.
In my case, I was able to skip most of the utterly confusing (to me) steps about XCode and manually editing the kexts and plists! Essentially, I skipped the long list of steps and went straight to step 10. I was able to use the most recent files on RehabMan's repo and the enclosed .kext (from the Release folder) did not require any further editing.

From there, I followed steps 11-13 to the letter.

It's worth noting that in El Capitan, you can't repair permissions through Disk Utility the way you could in all previous versions of OS X. Instead, I used the following command in Terminal.

Code:
sudo /usr/libexec/repair_packages --repair --standard-pkgs --volume /

Again, I'm not a developer but I'm glad I was able to sort this out. Feels good to have sound again!

FWIW, I used to use the hack of running an antiquated version of Multibeast — v 6.1.0 — to fix the sound problems only, but it no longer works in El Capitan. Hopefully, a similar user-friendly solution will appear in time.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Last edited:
Hi friends,
Just want to chime in and say that I too had this problem, and was able to sort it by using the instructions by OP from post #4 in this thread! Huzzah!

A few pieces of info which might be useful for fellow sufferers:
  • I'm running 2012 hardware, listed in my avatar, and using the 898 rather than the 892
  • I just did a clean install this very weekend and went up to El Capitan (OS X 10.11.4 and Multibeast 8.1.0, using Clover Legacy configuration within MB)
  • Not being a developer, I have no idea what XCode is. GitHub scares me half to death, and really I seem to have lost a step on all this.
In my case, I was able to skip most of the utterly confusing (to me) steps about XCode and manually editing the kexts and plists! Essentially, I skipped the long list of steps and went straight to step 10. I was able to use the most recent files on RehabMan's repo and the enclosed .kext (from the Release folder) did not require any further editing.

From there, I followed steps 11-13 to the letter.

It's worth noting that in El Capitan, you can't repair permissions through Disk Utility the way you could in all previous versions of OS X. Instead, I used the follow command in Terminal.

Code:
sudo /usr/libexec/repair_packages --repair --standard-pkgs --volume /

Again, I'm not a developer but I'm glad I was able to sort this out. Feels good to have sound again!

FWIW, I used to use the hack of running an antiquation version of Multibeast — v 6.1.0 — to fix the sound problems only, but it no longer works in El Capitan. Hopefully, a similar user-friendly solution will appear in time.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Thank you so much for your post. I ran into similar problems and was able to remedy them thanks to you. I got Sleep/wake audio working on my Asus z97-A build (4790k, HD 4600, Yosemite)

You're a beaut!!!

You can just install EADPFix 2.3 from here :

EAPDFix

Then you don´t need to use Xcode or edit plist

You can just install EADPFix 2.3

Sorry to be so dumb, but can you explain a bit further? I visited the link but it quickly overwhelmed me. I imagine there are additional forum members who may be confused.

Does this app replace the multi-step process at the beginning of this thread?

As I mentioned above, I was able to fix the problem, but in the future I'd be willing to try some additional tactics — especially if they come with a nice user interface.

It´s not an app it´s a kext.
You have to register to download.
If you use Clover put it in EFI/EFI/Clover/Kext/10.11 (or Other if it´s there you have your kexts))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back