Contribute
Register

[Solved] - No sound after sleep - ALC892 - Yosemite + Clover - Help with fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.10.3 update broke audio so I ran Toleda's audio_cloverALC-command again which fixed it, and it works after waking from sleep. In case anyone else who had used this thread to fix audio prior to the 10.10.3 update has audio problems like I did:

I only needed to run audio_cloverALC-command, I didn't need to recreate or reinstall the CodecCommander.kext or make any further edits to my config.plist.

Of course, audio_cloverALC-command created a new config.plist. The old one is kept but renamed to config-backup.plist. I expected to see some changes to the new config.plist, but the two are identical. Also, the CodecCommander.kext that this thread helped me create in 10.10.2 stayed in place. I made a copy of it before updating just in case, but not needed. The result is that my audio came back and the fix in this thread continues to make it work after sleep.

I don't know how exactly this happens but it just happens after sleep/wake as shown in the screenshot. I use CodecCommander.kext to fix the issue of no sound after sleep/wake. Everything is well after CodecCommander.kext, except the problem of command of
Code:
cat /var/log/system.log | grep "AICPUPMI:"

After rebooting, this issue get fixed.

Somebody has the same issue?

Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 9.15.55 PM.png

I have been trying to fix my audio for a while now. I have toleda's clover patched AppleHDA on my machine with an 892 codec.

When editing the codeccommander.kext plist, I cannot find any place where the keys "hdef device location" or "codec address number" are. Does this entire block of text need to be added to the plist? Or does my machine somehow not build that in when compiling the kext? I've attached my plist from the release kext.

Attachments

• Info.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 254
I have been trying to fix my audio for a while now. I have toleda's clover patched AppleHDA on my machine with an 892 codec.

When editing the codeccommander.kext plist, I cannot find any place where the keys "hdef device location" or "codec address number" are. Does this entire block of text need to be added to the plist? Or does my machine somehow not build that in when compiling the kext? I've attached my plist from the release kext.

I got stuck at this point in the tutorial as well. Has something changed in 10.10.3 that made these instructions inaccurate after the update?

I got stuck at this point in the tutorial as well. Has something changed in 10.10.3 that made these instructions inaccurate after the update?

Something does appear to have changed - when I have built the kext in the past, I have got a similar list of the one that Rickymywirry (OP) describes. I tried again today and got something similar to what Stevereno30 describes...

Same issue here, running 10.10.3. XCode also says "2 targets" after I do the initial build, whereas the screenshot in the OP's guide shows "1 target".

Has anyone found a workaround for 10.10.3?

Device Location + Codec Address do not exist in the kext that gets built, is there an updated version of the steps necessary somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back