ASUS Geforce GTX 980Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Yes hello everyone. Yesterday I went about installing 10.11 on my main system again. I used the newly released unibeast and multibeast. After getting everything set up and running, I was happy. I had to go to work, so I left with my computer on as I do. Whenever I came back home, I found my computer off, with my decorative LED's slightly pulsing.
Pressing the power button while the pc is plugged in gets it going for a half second and turns off. Pressing the power button while it is unplugged does nothing, not even discharging the power. I left my computer sitting there with nothing plugged in over night and my decorative LED's were still on in the morning, power not discharged. I have unplugged everything from the PSU, motherboard, everything, and I cannot get this thing to post. I'm very worried that I needed to fix a powermanagment.kext but didn't, and when it went into sleep mode it fried my pc. idk what to do. please help.......
PC specs are
MSI z77A-G45 MOBO
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge Quad-Core 3.4GHz
Corsair H100i cpu cooler
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
Corsair HX1000w modular power supply
ASUS GTX 980Ti ( did the same thing with gpu not in pc tho)

No longer posting/dischargin power from PSU

I am 90% sure that my processor is now fried. I plugged a second power supply into my main motherboard and such. No dice. I plugged my main power supply in my secondary computer, all is fine. What the actual **** happened? I have been using this software for years now and all of the sudden with this new update it fry's my PC?
I have to go to class right now but when I get back I will try and find more info but right now I am SEVERELY pissed off.

Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Try a CMOS reset.

Will do when I get home, Thanks for the reply.

Okay, I'm back now, I have done a CMOS reset as defined on my motherboards manufacturer website, even took out the battery after, nothing. When i plug it back in it powers on for a split second and right back off.
My computer specs are

MSI z77A-G45 MOBO
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge Quad-Core 3.4GHz
Corsair H100i cpu cooler
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
Corsair HX1000w modular power supply
ASUS GTX 980Ti ( did the same thing with gpu not in pc tho)

Reduce to minimum configuration and try again :

CPU - 1 x RAM - Onboard graphics - No HDD - No graphics card

At this stage you just want it to POST.

Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Progress, thankfully, has posted on minimum config, now to find source. Thanks for your help!

I have no clue what happened. Plugged everything back in and it's all fine now. before I went to minimum config I also resat the cpu, was checking for damage, so I guess somehow that did it? Idk, Thanks for your help.

Do you know though if I need like a specific DSDT or powermanagement kext for my rig? idk why it happened and i dont want it to happen again

I have no clue what happened. Plugged everything back in and it's all fine now. before I went to minimum config I also resat the cpu, was checking for damage, so I guess somehow that did it? Idk, Thanks for your help.

Do you know though if I need like a specific DSDT or powermanagement kext for my rig? idk why it happened and i dont want it to happen again

It is unlikely that power management is the cause of your problem.
it can be achieved by following this guide :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/177456-quick-guide-generate-ssdt-cpu-power-management.html

Figured it out. I had plugged a powered usb hub I own into a PCIe usb hub. When I did this all the leds came on again while the pc wasn't powered, and, ding ding, my issue repeated itself.
Yay for figuring dumb stuff out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back