Contribute
Register

[Solved] No entry / Prohibited sign when installing High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll wait for config.plist. Thank you so much.

I'll wait for config.plist.
Still.png

See Post #2

Hey Teoh, I have the same error as you did in the beginning.
How exactly did you resolved it?

For the records, I had the exact same issue and I fixed it:
1. The patch described in Post #2 seems to be already included in the current Unibeast (version 8.3.2), so it isn't needed for this or higher versions.
2. Made a USB2 installation disk and tried it in every USB port. No go.
3. Downloaded the latest version of USBInjectAll.kext (find it @ <https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All>) which includes support for my motherboard.
4. Copy the kext to the USB2 pendrive: mount EFI partition using "EFI Mounter v3", copy to /Clover/Kexts/Other. Now the pendrive works fine.

I will share my config.plist later, currently at work sorry! also, maybe this will help you, I followed this video exactly except that I have the most updated config.plist.
The video is down. How can I edit my config.plist file?

"Still waiting for root device".
When installing this means that your USB flash drive cannot be found.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
If you only have USB3 ports try with your USB flash drive in a USB2 hub.
Make sure Fast Boot is not activated in your BIOS.

May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-300-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May need PMHeart’s patch to remove XHCI USB Port Limit to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.

Thanks the USB 2.0 hub tip worked for me.

Due to my boot SSD (Samsung) going south I replaced it with an Integral P Series 5 480GB. I had difficulty to reinstall or recover from Time Machine backups. Fortunately my user accounts drive and Time Machine backup is separate on a traditional SATA 3.5" drive. I did not pay attention to the order of SATA cables in the motherboard ( i7 in GA-H77N-WIFI ) on installing. I started thinking this SSD was not compatible due to repeatedly getting the dreaded "No Entry" sign at boot or Read Error 0x7 and Error loading kernel cache (0xe) error messages.

The solution was to swap the SATA cables so that the OSX drive has the 1st SATA port. I do not really understand why this should be but it now boots reliably. The Integral drive appears to be a faster drive with trim now enabled. The second boot drive has Manjaro (Arch) which is happy with the second port.

Problem solved for now and may help others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back