Contribute
Register

[Solved] No boot USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
CaseySJ I've attached .zip of EFI partition.
Thank you. Please also try moving USB flash disk to the black USB 2.0 port and reboot...

Everything looks good in the EFI folder. I made a couple of simple changes to config.plist (attached). It enables Verbose mode by default, uses CsrActiveConfig 0x67, and enables FixOwnership for USB. But I think root cause might be USB disk in wrong port.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
That is the screen that we need to see.
This is the screen after whit prohibitory symbol
2018-12-23_16-43-02_993.jpeg

The USB port is 2.0 (black)
2018-12-23_16-45-17_648.jpeg

For this motherboard you might need to add:

SAT0 to SATA patch in ACPI section of Clover Configurator

USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-Unsupported.kext in Clover/kexts/other.

Do you know how to do this?

For this motherboard you might need to add:

SAT0 to SATA patch in ACPI section of Clover Configurator

USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-Unsupported.kext in Clover/kexts/other.

Do you know how to do this?

No I don't know… Can you help me?

I've attached a full image of all point uploaded.
Sorry for orientation but the forum deverticalize my image.
  • This image is showing impending "Prohibited Entry " or "Waiting for root device" error and soon the screen will show 'garbled' text and the telltale sign.

• The uploaded CLOVER lacks needed kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other : USBInjectAll.kext . I can also predict Graphics related problem later in the boot because of lack of Lilu.kext,WhateverGreen.kext
The Config.plist _Devices lacks USB [√]FixOwnership. There are other SECTIONS which are NOT properly edited to enable the the disk to boot without problem.

Everyone has to assume the BIOS USB controller Options are OK for preventing the Prohibited Entry Sign Error without OP confirming that.

Please download USBInjectAll from here:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads/

And XHCI-Unsupported from here:
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/archive/master.zip

Copy just these two files to: EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other on EFI partition of USB flash disk
  1. USBInjectAll.kext
  2. XHCI-Unsupported.kext
Then download and run Clover Configurator from here:
https://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/

In Clover Configurator, open your config.plist from the USB EFI partition. In the ACPI page, make this change and then Save the file:
full

Move USB to the black USB port on your Hackintosh (your photo 2 is correct), boot from USB and try again...

Also on this motherboard it might be necessary to use a different memory fix driver, such as OsxAptioFixDrv.efi instead of AptioMemoryFix-64.efi, but let’s cross that bridge when we get to it...

Last edited:
Hi guys I have modified all you indicate. The boot sequence go over to next steps but At some point the screen become black and no any text or image are Displayed. Only RESET PC can be return to operative work.

Hi guys I have modified all you indicate. The boot sequence go over to next steps but At some point the screen become black and no any text or image are Displayed. Only RESET PC can be return to operative work.
This might be a good sign or a bad sign depending on which stage you are in. When did this problem occur?
  1. Boot from USB
  2. Clover menu appears
  3. Choose "Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Mojave"
  4. Mojave installer begins to load and run. Lots of text messages appear on screen.
  5. Mojave installer GUI appears and asks you to specify your Language. Then you run Disk Utilities to format the target SSD.
  6. Now Mojave installer starts Phase 1. It will show a progress bar of "X Minutes Remaining".
  7. Mojaver installer will suddenly reboot your machine in order to begin Phase 2. But sometimes it cannot reboot the machine by itself, so you will see an error message. This is usually normal, and you should reboot machine yourself.
  8. When machine reboots, boot from USB again (F12 at BIOS screen).
  9. Now Clover will show a new disk icon called "Boot macOS Install from Mojave". You should choose this one.
  10. This begins Phase 2 of the installation process. Mojave installer will usually say "15 Minutes Remaining" or "30 Minutes Remaining".
  11. When this is done, you will see MacOS "Welcome" screen.
So please indicate which step you are in right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back