Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
OK, im super close now! I can get through the OS install. Successfully installed 10.6.6 update and installed multi beast successfully. Huray! it boots from the hard drive.

Now for the problem..... After i install the post installation kext files into the extras file on the hard drive and use the kext utility for the voodoo file and realtek drivers the computer it will no longer boot past the the chameleon bootloader. it loads the white apple screen but almost immediately gives me the gray window saying hold down the power button to restart. No method of boot works after that. Tried -v,-f, and -s with the chameleon loader and iboot. no joy.

I have installed multi-beast using Easybeast and i have tried it with a custom DSDT file i found on this site. both worked to boot from drive but neither after the post install kext files. My first thought is that those kexts may not be for my computer. I got them from the video guide but ive come up with no alternatives. Do i need to get the device drivers from the manufacture websites?

Any suggestions?

Re: No boot after post installation

You'll never find hackintosh related stuff on the manufacturer's website (unless it's an apple computer -_-' )

There are general kexts for most of the computers out there and specific kexts for specific hardware like some rare sound cards or GFX cards.

Put your computer's specifications and model here so we can help you solve the problems with your OSX and get you back on track.

Zotac NVIDIA GTS-250 512MB
3.2GHz i5-650
Mainboard MSI P55-DG65
160GB HDD,
500GB HDD,
wireless network card,
external audio interface (m-audio fast track pro),
800W PS,
Blue ray player

ok, when you boot from your hdd using the -v option, what were the last messages that you got on the screen log?

or did your pc rebooted automatically?

which kexts did you installed?

Ok, so i tried it again and narrowed down the possible kext files. I only installed the "Extras" file kexts, then tried a reboot. Epic fail.

Attachments

• 2011-03-02 15.37.18.jpg
    2011-03-02 15.37.18.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 221

Crate450 said:
Ok, so i tried it again and narrowed down the possible kext files. I only installed the "Extras" file kexts, then tried a reboot. Epic fail.
Most likely the version of SleepEnabler you are using doesn't match the kernel version.

MacMan said:
Crate450 said:
Most likely the version of SleepEnabler you are using doesn't match the kernel version.

I'm having the exact same problem as the OP -- I'm stoked that I've finally got it up and running, but very hesitant to try to fix this Kext or /Extras folder issue cus every time i've tried i've had to do a complete reinstall of OSX ><

How might one remedy this SleepEnabler issue?

Crate450 said:

Hi there,
I hope your not still struggling with this, but simply deleting the SleepEnabler kext after transferring to /extra/extensions on SL, then running SystemUtilities on Multibeast allowed my system to remain bootable... that was nerve wracking, though!

Now I just wonder what the purpose of those files was... everything seems to be exactly the same...

Problem solved! I replaced the sleepenabler kext with the file attached file and added this string into my com.apple.boot.plist
<string>arch=i386 pmVersion=21</string>

Info found on insanelyMac

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... try1619643

Attachments

• SleepEnabler.kext.10.6.x.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 75

Crate450 said:
Problem solved! I replaced the sleepenabler kext with the file attached file and added this string into my com.apple.boot.plist
<string>arch=i386 pmVersion=21</string>

Info found on insanelyMac

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... try1619643

Hmm... I did exactly what you stated and it is behaving exactly the same -- force sleep puts the Hak to sleep, but will not awaken, and timed sleep appears to work fine but in actuality is not putting to sleep the fans. I'm gonna go ahead and delete the sleepenabler kext before i forget about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back