HD630
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, I have previously succesfully installed High Sierra on my Hackintosh (GA-H270-HD3 + i5-7400) and it used to work like a charm.

I decided to update to Catalina, this is the second time I try the update, but no luck.
After the update I launch Multibeast, install everything from there and it works, but there's no way for me to enable audio devices.

The audio device is ALC887 and the IGPU is HD630.

I tried installing Lilu, WhateverGreen etc.but still no audio device. I opened hackintool, it doesn't recognize the current framebuffer, so i selected the framebuffer, the only hd630 kaby lake platform ID is 0x59120000, and it suggests System Definition iMac18,1/18,2/18,3
I changed SMBIOS from 14,2 to 18,1, now when the hackintosh boots the hdmi has no signal for something like 5 minutes, but still no audio device.
I added the platform id into the plist file via clover configurator, still no audio device.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Could you please help me?

Ok, here's my mistake. Updating from high sierra the folder L/E was full of previous kext that generated some kind of conflict.

What I did:
Made a backup
Made a Clean Install of 10.15.4 and made it work (it took less than 2 hours, everything worked easily)
Than made a copy of the L/E folder, and a copy of the EFI partition.

Deleted the clean install, recovered the high sierra OS (from backup previously made with SuperDuper).
Update to Catalina 10.15.4.
Once finished the installation I deleted the L/E folder and the EFI folder (do not delete them, I suggest you to rename them ExtensionsOLD and EFIold)
Replaced the EFI Folder (with the one copied from the clean install), made a new L/E empty folder and installed the kext (from the L/E folder of the clean install) with hackintool.
Easy peasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back