Graphics
GT240
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just like the title states; I had a Vanilla install running and somehow, I allowed 10.6.4 to update :( Immediately after the update it killed my audio.

My question is, is there currently a fix for my mobo ? and if so, which DSDT and bios should I use - For clarification, should I update bios first or DSDT when a recommendation is made.

Re: No Audio after 10.6.4 update - P55A-UD3 F6 Bios

As for the order of doing things, I think you should update BIOS first, then DSDT because I though I read somewhere that when the BIOS is updated, your DSDT is replaced, but I'm not sure.

Have tried applying the AppleHDA.kext 10.6.2 Rollback from Multibeast 2.1.4?

Description:
Replaces with an unmodified 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext to restore full functionality for ALC888, ALC887/ALC888b and ALC889 codecs on systems running 10.6.3 or later. Installed in /System/Library/Extensions. Install with System Utilities tasks.

Thanks for the replies guys, seems I have another problem now.

I had Chamelon loading on boot which would allow me to select either my W7 driver or OSX. I ended up updating the Bios, loaded Optimize defaults, and reconfigured the bios with my previous settings.

Now, Chamelon wont load... Any ideas ? dont wanna start a new thread somewhere else just yet

Did you change the hard disk boot priority in the BIOS? If so, Select the hard disk that has the Chameleon boot loader to be first in the priority.

Vinodan,

Thanks, i don't know why I overlooked that. I was sooo overwhelmed at the fact that I might have to redo everything, I didn't try booting to the original - that worked. I'm back in.

Now, I need to run multibeast... Do you suggest I remove all original audio kext first and if so, where should i start ?

You can look in at the the description of the Audio kext in Multibeast. It tells you where it installs the kexts.

vindoan said:
You can look in at the the description of the Audio kext in Multibeast. It tells you where it installs the kexts.

Thanks... I ended up running Multibeast and used the 10.6.2 rollback kext.. Everything is up and running now perfect. I also now get the apple circular boot screen (as opposed to the verbose running text -nice touch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back