Contribute
Register

[Solved] New updating sierra Nvidia driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK - I did the following (with success):

1 - Change to OS X Default Graphics Driver" in the NVIDIA-pane
-> System asks to reboot -> Hit: Not now!
2 - Install the security update 2017-001 10.12.6 from the app-store
-> system reboots automatically & installs the update
3 - Clover: Press spacebar, uncheck NVIDIAWebDriver, check VESA driver (for NVIDIA)
-> Boot into OSX with these settings
4 - Login. In my case I went through a kind of system-setup process, where I typically uncheck SIRI, iCloud an the like, because I don´t trust any big-brother-cloud-services out there. Do what you like & prefer there.
5 - After some seconds the NVIDIA-driver recognized that the "OS X default driver" was in use - I ignored that, because of messing around with iCloud. After again some seconds the NVIDIA-driver pupped up with a driver update for the current (now updated) system, which I installed.
6 - Reboot with ordinary Clover-settings. System runs for far again with security update & NVIDIA WebDrivers.

Never loads web driver after I change driver setting is Nvidia control panel and reboot. Here is my plist ..... What am I doing wrong? tty

Seems like its my multi monitors causing all the issues. Just use one and all works fine now. I will have to dig through this problem now.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.6 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
OK - I did the following (with success):

1 - Change to OS X Default Graphics Driver" in the NVIDIA-pane
-> System asks to reboot -> Hit: Not now!
2 - Install the security update 2017-001 10.12.6 from the app-store
-> system reboots automatically & installs the update
3 - Clover: Press spacebar, uncheck NVIDIAWebDriver, check VESA driver (for NVIDIA)
-> Boot into OSX with these settings
4 - Login. In my case I went through a kind of system-setup process, where I typically uncheck SIRI, iCloud an the like, because I don´t trust any big-brother-cloud-services out there. Do what you like & prefer there.
5 - After some seconds the NVIDIA-driver recognized that the "OS X default driver" was in use - I ignored that, because of messing around with iCloud. After again some seconds the NVIDIA-driver pupped up with a driver update for the current (now updated) system, which I installed.
6 - Reboot with ordinary Clover-settings. System runs for far again with security update & NVIDIA WebDrivers.

I updated my system and the nvidia web drivers, but system boots into OSX drivers no matter what!

I have applied the update, rebooted, installed new drivers, rebooted, black screen, but I can login remotely, what else do i have to do?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 1.10.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 1.10.33 PM.png
    355.8 KB · Views: 88
Hi, did a brand new install yesterday and I wasn't aware I was using 10.13.3, so my Nvidia is having lots of issues, glitch and delay but still graphic acceleration is loaded.

Anyway, how do I know which number I need to use now ?
It was using 17D47, does 1618595 will fix this ?

THANKS.

A quick trick (just temporary) is to update the file:
Code:
/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Look for "NVDARequiredOS" and replace the previos value with: "16G1036", like the following:
Code:
<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>                                     
<string>16G1036</string>

Then execute these commands and reboot the system:
Code:
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

It should work.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 12.19.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 12.19.13 PM.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 12.25.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 12.25.53 PM.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 86
Hi, did a brand new install yesterday and I wasn't aware I was using 10.13.3, so my Nvidia is having lots of issues, glitch and delay but still graphic acceleration is loaded.

Anyway, how do I know which number I need to use now ?
It was using 17D47, does 1618595 will fix this ?

THANKS.

Hi @SebDub I tried your procedure and still not working for me. I updated the plist per your instructions then performed the commands in Terminal rebooted my PC and it's still running on default MACOS graphics driver. Any suggestions? If I need to provide screen shots of anything please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Sorry IrockDolo but the procedure is not mine, it's from rehabman in the Nvidia post for high sierra. My question was 'what number' should I use, if I'm using this procedure. Well the problem I got is I'm using 10.13.3 don't know if you got the same issue, this mean we have to use an older driver, this is what this procedure I posted should be doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back