Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Windows Phone
Hi all -
I'm having some trouble with booting Sierra from the HD.

Installation runs all fine without having any additional boot modes.

I install FakeSMC using (Multibeast Sierra) and Clover Legacy Boot Mode.

Without the USB Drive Boot - I'm unable to get to the desktop - It gets stuck (picture provided on verbose mode)
With the USB Drive in - It gets to the desktop just fine and runs smooth as per normal.

Can anyone help as to what is going on when trying to boot from the HD?

Specs;
Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe
Intel i7 3770
Intel HD 4000
Kingston 500GB SSD

Attachments

• IMG.JPG
    IMG.JPG
    465.7 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Hi all -
I'm having some trouble with booting Sierra from the HD.

Installation runs all fine without having any additional boot modes.

I install FakeSMC using (Multibeast Sierra) and Clover Legacy Boot Mode.

Without the USB Drive Boot - I'm unable to get to the desktop - It gets stuck (picture provided on verbose mode)
With the USB Drive in - It gets to the desktop just fine and runs smooth as per normal.

Can anyone help as to what is going on when trying to boot from the HD?

Specs;
Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe
Intel i7 3770
Intel HD 4000
Kingston 500GB SSD
It could be the Clover version, compare the version on your USB with the one on your hard drive.

Thanks for the reply

USB Clover v2.4 re 4045
HD Clover v2.4 rev 4063

Different revs will cause the issue?

Thanks for the reply

USB Clover v2.4 re 4045
HD Clover v2.4 rev 4063

Different revs will cause the issue?

Try to copy and paste the CLOVER folder from your "USB Drive" into the "System's Drive's "EFI folder" replacing the existing CLOVER folder in the System HD.

• Boot using USB drive to Clover Boot Manager
  • Switch to System HD and boot to Desktop
  • Download Clover Configurator -Vibrant http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-mac.php?version=vibrant
  • Launch CC-V and click "Mount EFI" from its Left Pane.
  • In the bottom half of that window locate your USB Drive as something like "EFI on EFI, Sierra Installer....."
  • From its Right end click on "Mount Partition" button
  • Locate the EFI Partition of your USB Drive on desktop [White color icon similar to USB drive icon]
  • Click EFI>EFI> and Copy CLOVER
  • Return to Desktop
  • Mount the Efi partition of your Hard Drive as in above step for USB Drive
  • Click the Grey EFI on desktop to open its EFI folder and "Delete" the e"xisting CLOVER" and paste the copied CLOVER from USB Drive in its place to replace.[ See annotated image for steps]
  • Close everything and reboot and see.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 7.57.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 7.57.04 AM.png
    391 KB · Views: 70
@cmn699 Thanks for the reply!!! I need a little help - can't find the clover folder on the USB? :crazy:o_O

@cmn699 Thanks for the reply!!! I need a little help - can't find the clover folder on the USB? :crazy:o_O

• If you cannot see your Sierra USB Installer icon on the Desktop (usually toward RIGHT side and white in color) along with that of the Sierra System Disk (icon color usually Grey)
    • Click Finder icon on Dash
    • Click Finder icon (next to Apple On top Panel)>Preferences> under Show these items on the desktop: select all [√]
  • Now perform the steps posted before .
  • Make sure the CC-V screen is not too huge to hide the "white EFI partition: of your Properly created Sierra USB Installer that you used to install this Sierra System Hard disk or you have an overcrowded Desktop where other icons make the EFI Partition icon a needle in the hay stack!:)
    • Move or temporarily minimize your CC-V screen to expose EFI partition of USB installer on desktop
    • Click your way along: EFI>EFI>CLOVER

Attachments

• Finder_Preferences_Check boxes.png
    Finder_Preferences_Check boxes.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 55
Hey @cmn699
I can see all my drives and USB Drive - just can't locate the Clover Folder that should be in the USB Installer in order to copy it over as you suggested?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 11.28.57 am.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 11.28.57 am.png
    145 KB · Views: 53
Hey @cmn699
I can see all my drives and USB Drive - just can't locate the Clover Folder that should be in the USB Installer in order to copy it over as you suggested?

• Until you mount EFI Partition of USB installer, you cannot see EFI Folder .You may see a Blank EFI Backups folder. EFI folder is inside the hidden EFI Partition and EFI Partition needs to be mounted First to open EFI Folder to see CLOVER inside.
  • Clover Configurator Vibrant is to mount EFI partition and if needed to Edit Clover and its contents.
  • Did you run Clover Configurator -Vibrant >Mount EFI> Locate the EFi of EFI USB under EFI Partitions of the Clover Configurator Window?
  • Did you then try clicking "Mount EFI Partition" button of your USB and find a "White EFI Partition icon" on the "Desktop"?
See series of images of how CC-V will mount and unhide EFI Partition>EFI and CLOVER folders inside the EFI Partition of the Sierra USB Installer . [You can do the same with Sierra System Disk also]

Attachments

• 1. Sierra USB Installer and Sierra System Disk icons on desktop. 2017-06.png
    1. Sierra USB Installer and Sierra System Disk icons on desktop. 2017-06.png
    296.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 2.CC_V Window.png
    2.CC_V Window.png
    745.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 3.Mounted EFI Partition of Sierra USB Installer.png
    3.Mounted EFI Partition of Sierra USB Installer.png
    741.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 4.EFI Folder inside EFI Partition.png
    4.EFI Folder inside EFI Partition.png
    464.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 5 EFI_EFI_CLOVER_config.png
    5 EFI_EFI_CLOVER_config.png