Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] New Fresh Install, won't boot without iBoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i5 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
GT 240
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First off, I've searched the forums for answers and tried the many ways of solving this issue to no avail, so I'm forced to post this hoping for a clear answer. Please bear with me.

I've been a successful user of TonyMac's way for 6 months. Just two days ago somehow I messed up my OS X drive while using Windows 7 on a separate HDD and wil lnot boot anymore. Eventually I had to do a fresh install using the iBoot Supported from 6 moths ago and the new Multibeast 2.6.3. Because i've done it a successfully at least twice now, I had no qualms doing a fresh install (also gives me an opportunity to try out 10.6.5 with Photoshop). It installed fine and I'm able to boot from iBoot.

Here's where I'm stuck; without iBoot, I cannot get past the bootloader screen (I can see in verbose it will boot the Extra folder) and will just go blank on me.

I don't know if its the Multibeast, but I'm hoping someone still has the 2.5.1 or earlier version that I can try and see if my specs are not compatible with the latest Multibeast setup? Or is there a solution to this particular issue?

Waiting patientlyfor a response. Thanks.

Also, just to add; Could it be a kernel issue? What if I use the same Darwin Kernel 10.4.0 from the iBoot Supported?
UPDATE: Solved it by myself using this logic. It is an incompatibility with the mach_kernel installed (probably) by MultiBeast 2.6.3. Used the kernel on iBoot Supported and now I'm booting on the HDD without a hitch.

Hi,

May I know how do you do it? I'm experiencing the same problem as yours.

dagger said:
Also, just to add; Could it be a kernel issue? What if I use the same Darwin Kernel 10.4.0 from the iBoot Supported?
UPDATE: Solved it by myself using this logic. It is an incompatibility with the mach_kernel installed (probably) by MultiBeast 2.6.3. Used the kernel on iBoot Supported and now I'm booting on the HDD without a hitch.
MultiBeast does not install a kernel.

Ahhh. I see. Then would that mean I was using the kernel from the 10.6.2 update, then? Was that the reason why I could not boot without the CD? Well in any case, problem solved.

Regretfully to inform, the method you've shown me still unable to solve my problem. I'm still have to gone thru this 'booting using iBoot' method in order to boot to my SL. Without the iBoot disc it always gives me 'Missing Operating System'.

Everything else is working fine in my installed SL (except for the sleep of course).

@dagger can you exactly tell me what you did in mach_kernel thing.. i have same issues like yours...it will boot on iBoot disk but it will restart when im booting on HDD after loading chameleon..it will not go through even in bootscreen logo..

Got a hint from him via PM. He replaced the mach_kernel in the root with the one extracted from iBoot CD.

Tested, and still not working. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back