Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 560 Ti
Hi everyone,

Of course when I start performing more video editing and need to upgrade my GPU, Apple, Nvidia, and AMD make my and the rest of our communities lives harder.

I am not editing 4k videos, but I definitely need a better GPU.

My question for all of you is, are there $200 or less video cards you recommend for this type of upgrade? Or do I need to be willing to spend $400 and upward?

( I don't like spending $200 and more on a used card, which seems to be the only way to buy Nvidia 970 and 980 cards)

Thank you.

@nobodynose thank you for your input. Thinking about it more, I realize more than money, I am looking to make sure that the card I choose will serve me well, possibly for as long a time as my 560 Ti has. I also would like the card to work with as little extra work as possible (more important is that any extra work would be limited to the initial setup of the card and nothing after installation.)

well I bought the 750 ti and can't get it to work. When I have the new GPU installed I can't even get to the clover screen. I have installed the web drivers, and everything works with the old GPU in. I have also tried different boot flags to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

I am running Sierra 10.12 (16A323) iMac14,2 nvda_drv=1, thank you

Thank you again nobodynose, when I get home after work today I will try that out and let you know how it works out.

I tried the solution you posed and it didn't work. I'm getting a number code on my bios (62)
Installation of the PCH runtime services

Could I need to upgrade my bios? And if so, will that effect my clover install?

Thank you for helping

Last edited:
Solved! it was the Bios. I upgraded it from F7 to F14 running smoothly! thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back