HD4600/GTX 960 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

I'm using build components similar to Moarfish's build. http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-builds/58062-moarfishs-build-ga-b75m-d3h-i5-3570k.html

Is there any way to get this going without Unibeast? I do not have a working OSX system and it's very hard to get that going. Please let me know. Otherwise I'll have to go through loops to get access to a Mac. The whole point of building a Hackintosh is that I don't have a Mac.

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

The whole point of building a Hackintosh is that I don't have a Mac.

Hi Essenar,
The whole point of TonyMac tools, is that we are buying the OSX from the Mac Appstore.
So, yes, you must have access to a Mac or a Hack.
There is no other tools, discussed here. (see again the Rules of this forum, first and second lines : http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php ;))

Hey guys,
Is there any way to get this going without Unibeast? I do not have a working OSX system and it's very hard to get that going. Please let me know. Otherwise I'll have to go through loops to get access to a Mac. The whole point of building a Hackintosh is that I don't have a Mac.

There are several ways to built the UniBeast USB thumb drive if you don't have a Mac or a hackintosh. First, see if a friend or a friend of friend has a mac, or a school, library, university/college has a Mac you can get access to so that you can build the UniBeast USB thumb drive.

Second, buy Snow Leopard from Apple for $20 USD and use tonymacx86's Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide.

The 2nd method is less hassle :thumbup: because you don't have to leave your house to install OS X. :lol:

There are several ways to built the UniBeast USB thumb drive if you don't have a Mac or a hackintosh. First, see if a friend or a friend of friend has a mac, or a school, library, university/college has a Mac you can get access to so that you can build the UniBeast USB thumb drive.

Second, buy Snow Leopard from Apple for $20 USD and use tonymacx86's Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide.

The 2nd method is less hassle :thumbup: because you don't have to leave your house to install OS X. :lol:

Can I install SL on Ivy Bridge hardware? And do I have to wait for the Snow Leopard disk to ship?

This just gets better and better.

Is there something I'm missing about booting USB? I finally got Mountain Lion set up by using my roommates MacBook to purchase Mountain Lion and then set up the USB with Unibeast and my Gigabyte will NOT boot from it.

I've tried:
Legacy USB
AHCI
Set USB thumb drive to act as a CD-Rom or Hard Drive or Auto
F12 and select the thumb drive
Change boot priority where thumb drive is #1 and even disabled other hard drives

I either get a blinking white cursor with absolutely no response or I get the error:
"Reboot and Select Proper Boot device or
Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key_"

This just gets better and better.

Is there something I'm missing about booting USB? I finally got Mountain Lion set up by using my roommates MacBook to purchase Mountain Lion and then set up the USB with Unibeast and my Gigabyte will NOT boot from it.

I've tried:
Legacy USB
AHCI
Set USB thumb drive to act as a CD-Rom or Hard Drive or Auto
F12 and select the thumb drive
Change boot priority where thumb drive is #1 and even disabled other hard drives

I either get a blinking white cursor with absolutely no response or I get the error:
"Reboot and Select Proper Boot device or
Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key_"
You should run UniBeast to make the UniBeast USB Thumb Drive w/o checking the boxes. (Dunno why you chose Legacy USB.) Just follow the UniBeast installation guide and don't improvise.

You should run UniBeast to make the UniBeast USB Thumb Drive w/o checking the boxes. (Dunno why you chose Legacy USB.) Just follow the UniBeast installation guide and don't improvise.

That's exactly what I did.

The Legacy USB is the option in my Motherboard BIOS.

Essenar,

See UniBeast instructions here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

ub.png

The instructions say "13. At Destination Select, choose USB and click Continue"

At this point do NOT select 'Legacy USB Support' or 'Laptop Support' Click 'Continue'

Essenar,

See UniBeast instructions here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

View attachment 57024

The instructions say "13. At Destination Select, choose USB and click Continue"

At this point do NOT select 'Legacy USB Support' or 'Laptop Support' Click 'Continue'

For the third time...

I did NOT select Legacy USB Support OR Laptop Support. I did NOT do it.

I am talking about BIOS options. I made the Unibeast USB EXACTLY the way the tutorial said but my motherboard is NOT reading it.

My USB is set up the EXACT SAME WAY as the UniBeast instructions.

The problem is, my motherboard is NOT detecting it. I've tried the USB in two other computers and they are reading it, but this motherboard (GA-B75M-D3H) is NOT reading the USB.

Hi Essenar,

perhaps the USB-stick is really not compatible with the motherboard. I have a similar problem with USB 3.0 and a hard disk. Some suggestions for you:

- try different USB-ports, before changing the ports switch off the computer
- try also the USB 3.0 ports
- go inside the BIOS and check the USB-stick is recognized as a bootable device, if not it will be really problematic
- check the general bios settings for USB (Legacy support and so on) to be enabled
- do not boot UEFI-USB stick, boot as a normal Legacy device
- try out a different USB-stick to exclude the motherboard as an error, is this one recognized from the motherboard ?

- a last hint that helped me:
in the moment you switch on the computer, put in the USB-stick and press F12 to get the boot menu screen, the USB-stick should be there ...

- if you can boot from the usb-stick and you get these error messages you described the boot sector of the usb-stick is broken or not written correctly ...

Hope it helps, good luck ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back