Contribute
Register

[solved] My OS X drive keeps corrupting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is NOT solved. RehabMan has given no reason why Paragon HFS+ for Windows should not work. Please explain why that software does not work with dual booting Hackintoshes.

It comes up quite often here. Guessing... I'd say twice/month.
It appears to be extremely buggy -- don't use it.

It comes up quite often here. Guessing... I'd say twice/month.
It appears to be extremely buggy -- don't use it.

A few people i know have used it and caused there Genuine Mac/Hack to not be able to boot due to corrupt HFS+ Partition. I personally think its garbage and id recommend anyone to stay away from it.

I have searched before, and I have looked at several results from your version of the search. Doing this sheds little light on my experience.

I have built 5 Hackintoshes over the last eight years or so and upgraded each of them multiple times. I am a professional film animator and film editor. I need large volumes in both Mac & Windows formats to coexist in each machine and I've had few problems on four of the machines. One machine started causing corruptions on hfs+ volumes when I upgraded the Windows boot drive from 7 to 8.1. This is the only thread on the internet that I have found that comes close to replicating my problem.

I am surprised that the folks at tonymacx86 do not address this problem more clearly. (btw, I have donated...) They are easily the most helpful folks out there, and I know that many who use this resource are media professionals who need proper access to large mixed-format volumes.

We need help and a proper solution.

Since the problem comes up so regularly, just saying, "Don't use Paragon," obviously does not solve the problem.

I have seen some indications that formatting volumes in exFAT will do the trick. Can I format a whole 3 TB volume in this format, and will it playback, say, a 4k video (Apple ProRes 4444) as efficiently as NTFS & HFS+?

Thanks to anyone who can answer this question with clarity.

I have searched before, and I have looked at several results from your version of the search. Doing this sheds little light on my experience.

I have built 5 Hackintoshes over the last eight years or so and upgraded each of them multiple times. I am a professional film animator and film editor. I need large volumes in both Mac & Windows formats to coexist in each machine and I've had few problems on four of the machines. One machine started causing corruptions on hfs+ volumes when I upgraded the Windows boot drive from 7 to 8.1. This is the only thread on the internet that I have found that comes close to replicating my problem.

I am surprised that the folks at tonymacx86 do not address this problem more clearly. (btw, I have donated...) They are easily the most helpful folks out there, and I know that many who use this resource are media professionals who need proper access to large mixed-format volumes.

Problem is not with hackintosh. Problem is Paragon itself.

Advice: Don't use buggy software, especially when it comes to your file system.

Advice: show you care by answering the question

There is no need to address the problem. Its just buggy software.

Advice: show you care by answering the question

The problem was addressed in several posts in this thread: #4, #11, #12, #15, #16.

Your problem is you don't like the answer.

ExFat format is an possible option. Keep good/regular backups though as it's well known to corrupt easily.

Yes... exFAT has a buggy implementation in OS X... At least it used to... no idea if recent versions fix it... I avoid exFAT as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back