Graphics
9400gt
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Here is my problem. i had dual boot win7 plus lion working perfectly. i stupidly was messing around with gigabyte tools and choose to do that dumb software overclock just to see what would happen. well it restarted my computer and now i cant boot into lion. for 2 days iv tried everything from resetting bios to wiping hdd clean and jst reinstall lion. the problem is, post installation, lion works fine. the only thing is sound and network dont work. the first time i did this, like others, i jst used multibeast to reinstall those specific parts. well now everytime i reinstall lion and again it boots in just fine. soon as i run multibeast and selecting anything, it doesnt matter what. when i restart the pc it just power cycles. it gets to the chimera bootloader where i can either rerun installer or lion. so it sees the lion partition. when i try to run lion it jst restarts the pc, over and over and over. i tried running it in verbose but as soon as it gets to the error portion it jst restarts so i dont have a chance to see what it is....

ANY SUGGESTIONS?
thanks in advance

Re: multibeast kills my lion

so i figured out the problem. im not sure why but after i ran multibeast
the option to enable on board video in the bios was the problem, if that is set to auto or enable, pc restarts as soon as it starts loading lion after i ran multibeast, even if i didnt make any changes to video portion. i changed mine to only when pci video card is not detected and installer/lion works flawless now! 3 days of being up all nite..3 days!!

IF YOUR COMPUTER KEEPS RESTARTING DURING INSTALL OR BOOTING LION, CHECK THIS OPTION IN YOUR BIOS!

may god bless you and all generations to come from you :headbang:

mikepin said:
may god bless you and all generations to come from you :headbang:

hahaha i take it you had the same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back