Contribute
Register

[Solved] MultiBeast Install Failure! HELP!! :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDT

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-Ultra Gaming (F22 Bios Update)
CPU
i7 6700 Skylake
Graphics
ATI Radeon RX 580 8Gb
Hi, so this is my first Hackintosh, and I am having a really difficult time getting my system to boot without the usb stick and safe mode. I have installed OS X Sierra 10.12.5 but I can only access the system if I choose to boot off of the USB stick and then select the SSD in the boot loader screen. So the very end of Step 4...

I start on Step 5, get it booted up, and open up MultiBeast and try to do the install and all I get is a Yellow "!" and this...

"The Installation Failed"
The Installer encountered an error that caused the software to fail. Check the MultiBeast.log Install Log for more details.

The attached file has a pic of what I get when I run MultiBeast....

This may also help, When I hit F12 I to go into the choice of which drive to boot off of, I have UEFI USB Disk, PO: Sandisk SSD, SMI USB Disk.... I do NOT have a UEFI for the SSD... I am guessing that is because MultiBeast didn't get to create that...

I have googled and searched these forums, but I seem to get stuck trying different things...

Oh, and this too... When I open Clover Configurator... I cannot click on the MOUNT PARTITION for either the EFI on EFI, Siera2, Recovery HD...... Or..... EFI on EFI, USB1

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you....

Let me know if I need to update my profile or where to put system info if I haven't done it correctly.
Campbell

Attachments

• 20170630_160018.jpg
    20170630_160018.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 276
Last edited:
SOLVED - I decided to REINSTALL from the USB stick and see if I could get further.... I am guessing I got something wrong in the install.... Now have a diff problem to tackle, but will post that in diff thread.

Hi, so this is my first Hackintosh, and I am having a really difficult time getting my system to boot without the usb stick and safe mode. I have installed OS X Sierra 10.12.5 but I can only access the system if I choose to boot off of the USB stick and then select the SSD in the boot loader screen. So the very end of Step 4...

I start on Step 5, get it booted up, and open up MultiBeast and try to do the install and all I get is a Yellow "!" and this...

"The Installation Failed"
The Installer encountered an error that caused the software to fail. Check the MultiBeast.log Install Log for more details.

The attached file has a pic of what I get when I run MultiBeast....

This may also help, When I hit F12 I to go into the choice of which drive to boot off of, I have UEFI USB Disk, PO: Sandisk SSD, SMI USB Disk.... I do NOT have a UEFI for the SSD... I am guessing that is because MultiBeast didn't get to create that...

I have googled and searched these forums, but I seem to get stuck trying different things...

Oh, and this too... When I open Clover Configurator... I cannot click on the MOUNT PARTITION for either the EFI on EFI, Siera2, Recovery HD...... Or..... EFI on EFI, USB1

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you....

Let me know if I need to update my profile or where to put system info if I haven't done it correctly.
Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back