Contribute
Register

[Solved] Multibeast drivers not coming into effect after installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97-K
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I just did a fresh install of High Sierra on my computer. Everything was a breeze until the post-installation process which involves installing the drivers via Multibeast. I select all the appropriate options and proceed with the installation which successfully completes, but after the computer restarts the drivers won't come into effect as if I didn't install them in the first place. For e.g., even after installing ALC887 via Multibeast the audio isn't working, Clover boot loader doesn't install and other features are also not working. I didn't receive such a problem with Sierra. I have also tried installing the drivers after mounting the EFI but then, the installation fails.
Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 11.44.49 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 11.44.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 11.44.49 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
Okay so, they are working perfectly now. I just simply reinstalled High Sierra and installed every driver except audio and they were working after the restart. Then I installed just the audio driver and restarted my computer. The audio and all other drivers are now working perfectly.

Hi,

It seems that the audio driver has to be installed after installing the other drivers and reboot. In my case I could just choose one option in the audio section of multibeast, either the alc driver or the patch, not both at the same time. After another reboot alc audio worked fine.

So to sum it up:

1. All drivers and audio patch (not alc driver)
2. reboot
3. alc driver
4. reboot and done, audio should work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back