Contribute
Register

[Solved]MSI Big Bang Xpower 2 cant get onboard sound working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks but i got it. i installed the interim alc898 kext and there it is the darn thing works only thing is now when i setup the 5.1 agregate device i only get sound through 2 speakers when playing songs or video files.

Try to play a movie through VLC, which has 5.1... That will work.
OS X needs multiple streams for surround. iTunes doesn't upscale stereo to 5.1
I suppose when you leave it at stereo, and select the aggregate device for output, that you will have audio out of all speakers.
Not sure though.

I tried that and i still only get output through 2 speakers when using the aggregate device. I created a multioutput device and that gives me sound through all speakers but like with the aggregate device the only volume control is from within the program playing the music or video and only stereo no 5.1 selectable.

I should probably say that all speakers (output devices in the aggregate device) work seperatly but not when put together into the aggregate device.

As for the memory, dual channel memory will work in quad channel inputs as quad channel so long as you have four of them.

The same thing applies too if you use two quad channel memory sticks or four in a dual channel board where it will run in dual channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back