1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Perfectly working Mojave booting from Clover. Nothing changed but on a reboot I now get the prohibited sign. The only thing I did on the previous session was try to play Fortnite with my kids (which was unusable) and install Office.

GA-Z97X
i7-4790K
Sapphire Pulse RX580

Perfectly working Mojave booting from Clover. Nothing changed but on a reboot I now get the prohibited sign. The only thing I did on the previous session was try to play Fortnite with my kids (which was unusable) and install Office.

GA-Z97X
i7-4790K
Sapphire Pulse RX580
Did you try to boot it using a macOS Mojave USB Installer Disk to CBM and then switch to that System Disk and boot it in Verbose Mode to upload any problem screen shot?

I was able to boot it with Clover on a USB stick. I must have an issue with either Clover or my EFI partition on that drive. I removed the Clover directory and reinstalled it with the same kexts and config.plist. Clover now only shows my Windows drive but Clover on the USB stick still shows all. I'm going to remove some of the gui options from Clover that were hiding partitions and try again, then boot in verbose. Another interesting thing, my BIOS now shows my system drive and an entry that says "clover config.boot on system drive" or something along those lines. I'm away from that computer currently. Same MB as your build. Thanks.

I was able to boot it with Clover on a USB stick. I must have an issue with either Clover or my EFI partition on that drive. I removed the Clover directory and reinstalled it with the same kexts and config.plist. Clover now only shows my Windows drive but Clover on the USB stick still shows all. I'm going to remove some of the gui options from Clover that were hiding partitions and try again, then boot in verbose. Another interesting thing, my BIOS now shows my system drive and an entry that says "clover config.boot on system drive" or something along those lines. I'm away from that computer currently. Same MB as your build. Thanks.

I was able to boot it with Clover on a USB stick.

• From the above quoted sentence from you, I understood you could boot the unbootable Hackintosh with a Macos Mojave USB Installer disk to CBM screen and find your previously un-bootable Mojave System HDD and when you switched from USB Installer Flash disk to the Mojave System Disk , it booted without any verbose boot screen errors and reached the Mojave Login Screen and the Desktop.
I must have an issue with either Clover or my EFI partition on that drive.
  • That seems to be a good working hypothesis.
I removed the Clover directory and reinstalled it with the same kexts and config.plist.

• This is the part I have problem with.

• If you thought the problem was probably a "defective CLOVER" in the System Hard Disk's EFI Partition's EFI Folder you have to provide the whole CLOVER and NOT just the config.plist and kexts alone from the working (Non-defective) CLOVER of the macOS Mojave USB Installer Flash disk.
  • The critical parts of CLOVER that makes the disk bootable (if its Mojave Installer file is Genuine and Full and BIOS Options chosen are conducive to Hackintoshing) are the contents of :
    • EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder
    • EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
    • SECTIONS of EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
  • Therefore, had you copied and pasted the ENTIRE EFI Folder or CLOVER folder inside the EFI Container folder of the Macos Mojave USB Installer that assisted the System Disk to Boot from BIOS to Mojave Desktop, it should boot flawlessly if your initial Hypothesis of a Defective EFI or CLOVER was correct.
  • Your attempt to perform editing of GUI_SECTIONS of config.plist is NOT going to help.
  • Gui SECTION of config.plist is aimed at hiding the Volumes of non-MacOS icons from showing up in CBM screen and NOT maCOS System Disk or macOS USB Installer Disk icon appearing in that screen.
Bottom line: Just copy CLOVER from USB Disk to Replace the CLOVER from Mojave Hard Disk and boot and see.

I removed the Clover folder and reinstalled Clover back onto the EFI. I then overwrote my config.plist and added my kexts to other. I can boot Clover from the system hard drive but only my Windows drive shows up. My Mojave installation does not. The only way I can boot my Mojave is from an old High Sierra USB intstaller running Clover.

I removed the Clover folder and reinstalled Clover back onto the EFI. I then overwrote my config.plist and added my kexts to other. I can boot Clover from the system hard drive but only my Windows drive shows up. My Mojave installation does not. The only way I can boot my Mojave is from an old High Sierra USB intstaller running Clover.
only way I can boot my Mojave is from an old High Sierra USB intstaller running Clover.
  • That High Sierra USB installer's EFI Folder has everything needed to Boot your Macos Mojave.
  • Boot that HS USB to reach CBM screen
  • Switch to Mojave System Disk which has a Defective EFI Folder in its EFI Partition.
  • Boot the Macos Mojave and let it use HS USB's EFI/CLOVER as a "crutch" for its trip to Mojave Login ->Desktop
  • Once on Mojave Desktop , using CCG, 'mount' the White EFI Partition of HS USB and Black EFI Partition of Mojave System Disk on the Desktop [Use the bulleted steps to use CCG ->#4]
  • Click the White EFI Partition of HS USB Installer >and Find EFI>Folder Copy EFI Folder and Paste on Desktop
  • Close USB's EFI Folder (not the pasted one)
  • Open Black EFI Partition of Mojave System Disk >Delete EFI Folder you find there (it is DEFECTIVE).
  • Now Copy the USB's Pasted EFI from Desktop and Paste on Mojave System Disk's EFI Partition to replace the Deleted Defective EFI in the previous step.
  • Reboot the Mojave System and see if the Disk will show up in CBM screen
What is being done using all the above series of steps?
Replaced the DEFECTIVE EFI Folder of MOJAVE SYSTEM DISK with a WORKING EFI Folder from High Sierra USB Disk to see if the Transplanted EFI Folder can make the Mojave boot itself without USB Installer Crutch for the trip!

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. I am using a High Sierra USB Installer so I'm creating a Mojave one now. I copied apfs.efi to the drivers64UEFI and I can see the drives now but they don't boot. I'm going to try the Mojave apfs.efi file now.

That did it. Created new Mojave installer and copied over the EFI folder, deleted the old boot.config and used my old config.plist. All good now with iMessages working again. That EFI folder has been constantly updated for four years, at least three OS upgrades, and finally gave up the ghost. Thanks for the help.

That did it. Created new Mojave installer and copied over the EFI folder, deleted the old boot.config and used my old config.plist. All good now with iMessages working again. That EFI folder has been constantly updated for four years, at least three OS upgrades, and finally gave up the ghost. Thanks for the help.
  • Congrats:clap:
  • There is more than one way to skin a cat:lol:
  • May be you can prefix the Post TITLE [SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back