Contribute
Register

[Solved] Mojave reboots after clover boot screen - GTX 760 graphics issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. I tried all of this, but still no success.

I disabled intel graphics and set my initial display to various PCI settings (options were IGFX, PCIe1, PCIe2, PCI), but no success with any. I assume this is what you meant by PEG as primary?

Out of curiosity I also enabled integrated graphics and set IGFX as my initial display. I left the GTX 760 card installed, but had my monitor connected to the onboard graphics. It still panicked. So, it seems that MacOS does not like having GTX 760 installed in my system at all.

Attached you will find a photo of the very last few lines that appear on screen during the kernel panic (I could not time the previous portions without it looking like a blur). But I see no obvious error messages. Also attached is a vague message from MacOS when booting back in. Never happened prior to this.

I deleted all unneeded kexts and EFI files, as you had suggested. I am now using the FakeSMC downloaded from the Tonymac site. It states 2017 as the last modified date, so unsure if there is a more up to date version I should. Seems to be many versions out there.

Still at a loss on my side of things.

Attachments

• IMG_4313.JPG
    IMG_4313.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 54
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 6.09.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 6.09.32 PM.png
    138.1 KB · Views: 56
I tried all of this, but still no success.
In the absence of anything that might be useful for diagnosis of the problem (anything relevant has scrolled off the top of the screen) it is impossible to determine what is happening.
Check /Library/Extensions/ to make sure that you do not have any old / redacted / irrelevant kexts installed.

Hey P1LGRIM... you definitely sent me down the correct path! I was able to solve my problem and the system seems to be working fine now. I'm not going to change anything at this point, but for those in a similar situation it was one of these two things:

1. I had a look at /Library/Extensions/ like you said, specifically for graphic related kexts. I updated both "WhateverGreen.kext" and "FakeSMC.kext" to newer versions. I believe "Lilu.kext" is required for WhateverGreen.kext, but that seemed like an up to date version already.

2. I also put a copy of current "WhateverGreen.kext" and "Lilu.kext" in to my EFI "other" folder.

Then I simply reboot with my graphics card installed and all worked out! Many thanks for your time and help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back