Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ga-b75-3dh
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
RX 560
So, I'm trying to install mojave on my GF's old system. It was previously running Sierra.

When the installer booted up, Mojave installer doesn't "see" the SSD. Disk Utility on the installer sees the disk but lists it as "incompatible".

First thing I tried was formating it trough disk utilty, but it failed. Then I tried it via terminal, but it hung at 50%.

At this point, I removed the SSD and plugged it into my machine, then formatted it trough disk utility (worked fine, formatted it as APFS/GUID). Since it was already plugged into a functioning system, I pre-installed clover in it as well.

Plugged into her machine again, same thing. I took of the thumbdrive, plugged into the thumb drive and used this edit on the config.plist from the installer: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-problem-hdd-not-supported.249096/#post-1720389

Same thing. Running out of ideas. Can anyone provide any help?

Here are the machines specs:

Intel DX58SO
16GB RAM
4GB RX 560 (powercolor)
Sandisk SSD 256gb
(disk utility lists it as SDHSSDH2256g)

Thanks in advance.

So, I'm trying to install mojave on my GF's old system. It was previously running Sierra.

When the installer booted up, Mojave installer doesn't "see" the SSD. Disk Utility on the installer sees the disk but lists it as "incompatible".

First thing I tried was formating it trough disk utilty, but it failed. Then I tried it via terminal, but it hung at 50%.

At this point, I removed the SSD and plugged it into my machine, then formatted it trough disk utility (worked fine, formatted it as APFS/GUID). Since it was already plugged into a functioning system, I pre-installed clover in it as well.

Plugged into her machine again, same thing. I took of the thumbdrive, plugged into the thumb drive and used this edit on the config.plist from the installer: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-problem-hdd-not-supported.249096/#post-1720389

Same thing. Running out of ideas. Can anyone provide any help?

Here are the machines specs:

Intel DX58SO
16GB RAM
4GB RX 560 (powercolor)
Sandisk SSD 256gb
(disk utility lists it as SDHSSDH2256g)

Thanks in advance.

Bios setup (see link)? What CPU do you have?

intel dx58SO install mac osx bios setup (hackintosh) http://www ...https://gist.github.com/bendo01/5030899

Sorry about the omission. CPU is an I7-920.

Bios settings are correct.

At clover boot screen hit the space bar once and select verbose, don't reboot on panic, and keep symbols. Take a picture of it when it ends.

At clover boot screen hit the space bar once and select verbose, don't reboot on panic, and keep symbols. Take a picture of it when it ends.

It doesn't panic. I can get to the installer, but it doesn't see my SSD.

Did you format the SSD in fat32 first then in GUID?

No. The SSD previously was a working Sierra install, in GUID and JHFS+.

In Mojave installer, I can see it on Disk utility, but not format it (it fails). Trying to format it trough terminal either hangs at 50% or gives an error saying "It can't write to the last block".

I removed the HDD from this machine, plugged into my computer and formatted into AFPS/GUID, then put it back, but the result remains the same.

No. The SSD previously was a working Sierra install, in GUID and JHFS+.

In Mojave installer, I can see it on Disk utility, but not format it (it fails). Trying to format it trough terminal either hangs at 50% or gives an error saying "It can't write to the last block".

I removed the HDD from this machine, plugged into my computer and formatted into AFPS/GUID, then put it back, but the result remains the same.

Erase it in fat32 then in HFS+.

Erase it in fat32 then in HFS+.

Did it.

This time, when I boot up the installer it tells me that a firmware update is necessary, and tells me to shut down and the hold the power button until I hear a beep. For obvious reasons, I don't think this is going to fly, so I shut down, rebooted into the installer and am waiting to see what if it happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back